cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GuyBeels
Shkhara

What have you done to Heatmaps?  I do not care about businesses, or where other people have run, walked, or biked, and the new color selection interface does not allow basemap changes from the same interface (as it should).  Also, as I zoom out, the once-useful aggregation of workouts (showing a circle and number at scales where the actual paths get tiny and useless) is now gone.  Writing this as a cartographer, recent changes are not an improvement.  Is there a way to recover the old display mode?

84 REPLIES 84

#bringbackclusters

Ormer
Shkhara

Completely agree, Guy.  Anyone know how I can get these phots off my heatmap please?

There are options at the top of the map, when you click personal heatmaps you can toggle it off thankfully 

Thank you - I hadn't spotted that 🙂

Dougboat
Mt. Kenya

Keeping this thread alive.  This still stinks.  Bring Back Activity Clusters!!!!!!

Plotter
Mt. Kenya

Agree with much of the feedback here. Please bring back the function in the heatmaps that allows you to see where and how often you have run in the world. I'm not interested in the photos, but in a global overview of my activities.

nicky
Strava
Strava

Hello everyone. Thanks again for all the feedback. We are working on a complete overhaul of clusters and should have positive news for you all shortly...Appreciate your patience! 

Please.  No "overhaul" is necessary.  I know coders like to code, but there can hardly be anything so graphically simple and expressive as the symbology you formerly used.  Simple graduated circles (according to number of activities), with a number inside, would be hard to beat.  If you can do it, then kudos to you, but hopefully there's a skilled cartographer on your staff to provide guidance and tell you there's more bang for your effort to be had elsewhere.

the clusters were simply perfect, please do not spoil this with overhauling; if i can opt out pictures and opt in clusters i am happy again; i joined premium only for the heatmaps....