cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop rides being duplicated?

mvallance1234
Mt. Kenya

After each ride my Garmin Edge automatically uploads the ride to my Strava account where I add a couple of photos, edit the title, add some notes; all done via a web browser. Then later a duplicate of the ride appears on my account with a generic name (e.g.morning ride). Both rides are under my name. It appears I am a member of a Group (consisting of me and..., well,  me). I select Leave Group but after my next ride I have to go through the process once again. How did I start a Group? How did I join my own Group? More importantly, how can I prevent further duplication? Thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12

Stava should be able to detect 2 activities were completed within 5 minutes of eachother and keep your prioritized app....

This does not work for me, and even if it did it would not be enough.

What if a device runs out of battery or crashes, then the data can’t be combined/ prioritized and you need to delete one yourself again?

Strava should just add a manual button like “mark this activity a duplicate” and have a suggestion to use it automatically pop up if there’s like >80% overlap in the timing of 2 workouts or whatever 

Got it ... thank you for responding. 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings