cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of activity types on Apple watch reordered after recent update

KJ
Shkhara

I'm not sure why this changed, but it used to be that when I started recording an activity through my Apple watch, the activity types I did most often showed up at the top of the list. However, recently, the order has completely changed, and I have to do a lot of scrolling to find the activity type I do the most.

I'm not sure if this is a feature or a bug, but it's certainly annoying.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋Hi All!
Our engineers have pushed through a fix that should have resolved this issue. If you are still having issues, please  update your Strava app to the most current version. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

gugggen
Shkhara

What brought me here is that my most used activities on the apple watch are no longer showing up at the top of the long list to start an activity. Is this a bug from an update? I'm currently having to scroll far down to find my specific activity and many times fat finger the wrong activity(wearing gloves) and I don't realize I chose the wrong one until I'm well into the activity. Then my overall recording is messed up.

There are far too many activities now, and I'm not suggesting removing any, but I would like to suggest adding the option to hide activities that you know you'll never use. I only do a few different activities, and those few are the only activities that I want to see in the list. I get you're wanting to be inclusive with activities, but 95% of them are useless to me, please let us hide them.

This could be done in settings with a check box system or something similar to deselect all unused categories. 

Same here. Strava was by far my most used app on my Apple Watch, and so easy. Now it is a huge paint to have to scroll through a ton of "activities" that I never do to get to the ones that I do every day.

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋Hi All!
Our engineers have pushed through a fix that should have resolved this issue. If you are still having issues, please  update your Strava app to the most current version. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Updated to most recent version and I still have random workouts I’ve never done at the top of my Apple Watch list. Anything I need to do to get this “fix” to work?

Is the fix that it will move your most recently used sports to the top of the list? There is no way to edit the list of sports that show up, or select a specific order? Not complaining - just trying to understand. Thanks!

odedkarni
Mt. Kenya

Must be a bug.

Let's see how long it takes them to fix it

patbroom
Shkhara

Agreed, extremely annoying. Reordering based on frequency, like before, we be much better. Being able to select which sports show up at all would me much, much, much better.

uburoibob
Shkhara

The list for sports on the Apple Watch in the Strava App is incredibly long. We need a way to show only the sports we participate in. Your hierarchal solution based on frequency sometimes works and sometimes doesn't - or reverts after an OS update. Please give us the tools to customize this list.

Agree. It learns what you use, but then forgets…