cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving time and elapsed time not correct

cleanhat
Mt. Kenya

The last three times I have run using Strava it has incorrectly had my moving time less that half the time of my run. For example this morning I ran 12.3km in 1 hour 11 minutes (without stopping) yet my moving time is listed as 29 minutes.

As a result my average pace is completely wrong and all segments are wrong.

It is correctly tracking the distance I have covered so don't see how this could be a gps issue? Also I have used RunKeeper simultaneously, which has worked fine. I am having to delete my Strava activity and port from RunKeeper.

Any idea what is causing this? I have been using Strava with no problems with my phone for a long time so don't understand why it has started doing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

RESOLVED: As of November 14th, we've released a fix that should resolve the issue for all athletes in the most recent app version. Please update your Strava app to 333.10 or above using the instructions below.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Scout
Moderator Moderator

RESOLVED: As of November 14th, we've released a fix that should resolve the issue for all athletes in the most recent app version. Please update your Strava app to 333.10 or above using the instructions below.

Google Play Store:
Strava: Track Running, Cycling & Swimming
How to update your apps on Android: Support - Google

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE:  We are experiencing GPS tracking issues on Android version 331.9 and 332.10.

Normally if there is an issue with the GPS communication with your device, you will see a jagged route with points moving off your activity's path or straight lines indicating the route. Overall though, you will notice how this issue affects distance, speed, and time recordings as well as issues with segment matching. 

Our engineers have been working diligently to restore accurate recording to impacted devices and we expect the fix to be available soon.

For updates, please check this article: Inaccurate Stats on Activities Recorded With the Android App, be sure to click 'follow' in order to be notified of any updated.

We appreciate your time and communication as we work to resolve this issue. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Aeris
Mt. Kenya

I have a similar issue. Mine started reporting the wrong time a few weeks ago. The gps map also looks odd, the lines are now at odd angles. It's massively under reporting my times. E.g  it will say I walked 5.8km in 12 minutes. That's impossible, a fast walk is about 1km per 9-10 minutes. Somehow it's not getting the end time correct because it has the correct start time. Gps seems a bit off too

Hello @Aeris
Please submit a support ticket and our team can take a look at what's happening with your activities. Please be sure to include the device you are using, as well as what version, and any links to activities that have an issue. This will help the team to further investigate.  

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello and thank you for your posts. 
We are currently experiencing an issue with GPS tracking and inaccurate stats on v331.9 of the Android app. If you'd like to be notified of any updates of this issue, please follow along this known issue here

If this is not your issue, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further. Please be sure to include the device (and version) you are using. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

krbt
Mt. Kenya

Same here. Funny, the most important parameters the app needs to take into account are distance and time, and it cannot even do that.

uhav2Laf
Mt. Kenya

Same issue here. For the last week, my moving time is about half my actual time. I hope they fix it soon.

BJW
Mt. Kenya

I’m having the same issue. I’m guessing it started with the last auto update 4 days ago. I’m going to try and reinstall the app. 

Reinstall didn't help me

Same problem