cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Photos location based on timestamp meta not (often inaccurate) location.

piotrpiotr
Mt. Kenya

Many times my photos location is way off from place it was taken. This is because the GPS location can be very inaccurate if I take a picture with my phone quickly after turning it on.

It would be nice to be able to put photos on a map at a location based on when they were taken, this can be much more accurate than GPS data. I know that there are some users that use some scripts that takes GPX and photos and then updates geolocation meta data looking for the nearest point in GPX to time when photo was taken.

Could Strava perhaps also allow this option when uploading media? Place photos on GPX "when" it was taken, ignoring location data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @piotrpiotr 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on placement of photos on the map. This sounds like an idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @piotrpiotr 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on placement of photos on the map. This sounds like an idea to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your idea. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings