cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove "walks" from running challenges and expand challenges for walks

runprime
Shkhara

Walks have been added to running challenges as of January 2024 and as a person who does both run and walk acitvities as separate sports, this has ruined the experience of challenges in the app for me, and in general.

My walks are no counting towards running challenges which rightly used to be separate. They are separate sports.

I found an idea here from last year where somebody requested the opposite and now it has been implemented. From their point of view, they were lesser abled and some walks "felt" like runs to them, which i acknowledge - however, the solution there is ti simply record a running workout on your device, not a walk.

To improve the experience for walkers then more 5k, 10k and monthly mileage challenges can be set up to keep it interesting. 

Last year I really enjoyed tracking my walking challenge and sepaately doing the running challenges. 

Now there are fewer challenges in total which seems like the app is getting worse, not better.

Also importantly need to point out that runs are not included in the walking challenges.... I guess that's the real punchline to this joke.

116 REPLIES 116

Elainel
Mt. Kenya

Why has waking been included in the running running challenge?  There is a separate challenge for walking.  This has spoilt the whole monthly challenge.

faridshiaf
Mt. Kenya

I think we need to separate running and walking as those are totally different activities and require absolutely different amount of training, commitment and body stressing. Not ignoring people with the special health conditions, I would say that they are different and there should be just more challenges and badges introduced. But running is running. 

anchskier
Denali

@Scout - can you explain why you ignore your customers?  You took a suggestion that had a whopping 6 kudos and added "walks" to the running challenges.  You have suggestions with many, many times that number of kudos with extremely valid reasoning behind them requesting you remove walks from running challenges, both from walkers and runners, yet you have totally ignored them.  You went ahead and included walks again for the February running challenges.  What are you thinking?  Can you explain ANY reason why Strava would stick with this concept?  What is our motivation to propose and "kudo" ideas when it is obvious you don't pay ANY attention to them.  You provided this community hub, now it is time to live by it.  

Irreverent-Run
Shkhara

Cannot believe that as February rolls around this still hasn't been fixed

Clubs on Strava 

you can’t have the cheek to talk about running challenges and include walks. You’ve not even changed your description. 
Now I can see more people annoyed than happy walkers. 

look at what YOU wrote 

« February Run 100K Challenge

"Going the distance" doesn't mean it has to happen all at once. Break our longest cumulative running challenge up into two, ten, or twenty activities - whatever it takes to reach that »

IMG_9295.jpeg

AD62
Mt. Kenya

Just seen this info I also wondered where the 200k and 300k challenge had gone, think it’s time to just scrap my Strava subscription and just use my Garmin app🙁

I agree, they were the main two challenges that motivated me. The only ones with a decent distance. I have set goals, it's just not quite the same though 

So, drumroll, not only the 100km challenge is impacted but now any Run challenge includes walks. I mean ALL challenges even the branded one, so if I want and record it on strava my walk counts towards a run challenge. Or I don’t log my walk and can’t benefit from my paid subscription to assess my fitness. I think this is enough. Data transfer and cancellation it will be. 

I am absolutely FUMING

SusieG
Shkhara

I agree, walking should NOT be counted towards the 100km running badge, I changed all my January walking activities to ‘Golf’ so they wouldn’t count (I don’t play golf, that’s how ridiculous I think this change is).  Not renewing my membership either as I can’t see the value in it anymore.

Agree I feel a subscription cancellation coming on

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings