cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Request for better communication re: community safety/hidden link issue

reganfreeman
Mt. Kenya

Hi all,

I've noticed a lot of comments lately about missing or hidden links while using Strava. After checking here, I saw Community Manager Marya's post explaining that the links are being filtered to maintain community safety. (https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/strava-features-chat/upholding-platform-safety/td-p/45352)

On behalf of many in the community, I want to say thank you for addressing this, but I also encourage you to share this information (there is a safety issue, & we are working on a fix) within the app itself. There is a ton of confusion about this.

The Community Hub, while passionate, represents only an incredibly small group of power users. Most people simply think something is broken on your app. A little transparency would go a long way, and I’m sure you’ll receive plenty of support as you work on a solution.

Thanks!

good luck 🙂 

4 REPLIES 4

BerndLiebermann
Mt. Kenya

Well, increasing security by removing links from the internet - what an innovative idea!

Jana_S
Kilimanjaro

Agreed - the way it was done is quite unfortunate, and together with the lack of communication, it's a total mess... 

Also, the announcement (which doesn't allow comments!) also mentions,

We are also aware that non-links were inadvertently included in this filtering and we apologize for the disruption this has caused.

... so this means that Strava is aware of messing up people's activity details, posts, even club names, but doesn't plan to revert that change? Folks, this isn't a great damage control strategy... 😳

tom31337
Mt. Kenya

This is truly shocking. We had links to our official JustGiving fundraising page in a bio section that worked for ages, but got removed recently with no explanation nor communication. Moreover, we cannot seem to be able to share the fundraising links anymore either as they get removed. Why would you remove legitimate fundraising links?

jmto
Mt. Kenya

Well, was like, wtf. Didn't I put the url.. Tested short url and still and same in comments.

So yes, then I came here to see is there some explanation or people commenting WTF Strava... and yes, found answer, but not like understanding wtf is happening here.

From what I'm being protected...