cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run not uploaded to strava

MirabelleMeade
Mt. Kenya

I recently recorded a 5km run and it has not went up on strava. Usually when I record activities on my garmin watch it uploads straight away to strava, what do I have to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @MirabelleMeade
In addition to to what @lopey66 noted; please try disconnecting then reconnecting your Strava and Garmin Connect accounts.... we suggest following these directions on a computer.
Disconnect Strava & Garmin:

1. On Strava
  • Navigate to your settings page (https://www.strava.com/settings/profile) and locate your 'Social Connections' on the right side of the page:Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 6.50.13 PM.png 
  • Locate Garmin (the top Social Connection) and click 'Disconnect'
  • A popup will ask you to confirm if you would like to disconnect; answer yes.
  • If successful, green banner will appear "Successfully disconnected from Garmin. Syncing will stop."

2. On Garmin

• Navigate to the Profile/Settings under the right account icon. (if you have an account profile picture it will be your picture, otherwise it will be the generic Garmin Runner icon)Screenshot 2024-01-21 at 6.50.56 PM.png
  • Select Settings / Account Information https://connect.garmin.com/modern/settings/accountInformation
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page under 'Applications'
  • 'Disconnect' from StravaScreenshot 2024-01-21 at 6.51.28 PM.png
  • Strava will be removed from the 'Applications' list

Reconnect Strava & Garmin

If this doesn't work, or if you would like our team to take a look at your account, please submit a support ticket and we will investigate further.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Also having the same issue today!

Same! Hopefully sorts itself out , any fix would be a delight 

still having the same issue atm

Still same 😫

Last update said wait 24 hours… 😢

lopey66
Elbrus

files can get corrupted on garmin watch / bike head units, secondly did you check your activity got uploaded to Connect.Garmin (it gets upload to there first before its shared to strava), if there is a corrupt file all the newer activities will not upload, go into your watch and delete all files not including your run(also on PC via usb cable),  another way to upload is go to your watch and go into that run details there should be an option to Upload activity.  Personally my watches & bike head units are connected to wi-fi including a wi-fi hotspot on my phone, and I am regularly backup/move the activities from the garmins. to manually upload a file to strava go to the web browser strava page, there is a button circle with plus sign in top right corner, then upload -> File -> browse to your file (garmin/activities folder usb) .

Jan_Mantau
Denali

Is the run on Garmin Connect?