cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something's wrong with snowboard activities

marcotesselli
Shkhara
Hi everybody,
I think there's a mistake with "snowboard" activities.

If you record an activity of this type, the only segments in the report page are climbs.
If you want to see slopes' times (so, time for descents) you have to change your activity in "alpine skiing" (or similar name, in italian is "Sci alpino").

Screenshot 2023-01-03 alle 15.28.00.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hey there, thanks for sharing this. It looks like the area in which you're snowboarding has segments on the chairlifts. I'm not sure what the creator's reasons were for making them, but segments can be created by anyone who's recorded an activity under the corresponding Sport Type. Segments aren't shared across Alpine Ski and Snowboarding Sport Types, therefore, you are seeing different segments when editing your activity to match a different activity type. If you like, you can go ahead and create your own downhill snowboard segments based on your activity. Find out more here!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

marcotesselli
Shkhara

Hi Soren,
thanks for your feedback.

I think these climbs are autogenerated by Strava, because the name is machine-structured ("Locality [locality_name] climb"), so non created by users.

Anyway, you replied me saying that segment aren't shared between activities 😉

Soren
Denali

Hey there, thanks for sharing this. It looks like the area in which you're snowboarding has segments on the chairlifts. I'm not sure what the creator's reasons were for making them, but segments can be created by anyone who's recorded an activity under the corresponding Sport Type. Segments aren't shared across Alpine Ski and Snowboarding Sport Types, therefore, you are seeing different segments when editing your activity to match a different activity type. If you like, you can go ahead and create your own downhill snowboard segments based on your activity. Find out more here!

Hi Soren.

Actually, when I look at Garmin Connect, i see 8 runs and 8 lifts.

But the same activity (snowboarding) on Strava shows me 16 « descents »…

New Garmin Forerunner 265.

Didn’t see this with my previous Garmin Vivoactive 4 last year ……

Same issue for me. Garmin connect shows 18 and Strava doubles the amount. Also altitude is not matching garmin connect data. Forerunner 955

have you found a solution to this?

Hi there,

I've also noticed that "alpine ski" segments are different from "snowboard" ones. Why? The slopes we run are the same. As for mountain bike and road bike, where the segments are in common, also ski & snowboard should be in common. Or not? Thank you.

I share your perspective. However, I have been told that, since these are activities performed with different tools, there are segments for snowboarding that are distinct from the same routes with skis.

Even gravel bikes, road bikes and mountain bikes are different "tools" but the segments are in common... Only e-bikes have separated segments, and that's correct. If I'm skier and snowboarder I can't compare my performance in the same slopes, that's crazy!

So true.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings