cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Starting a challenge

Ranmargaliot
Mt. Kenya

Hello!

Our NGO (https://www.bartali.org.il), is organizing a "challenge" this weekend, in support of the children who lost their families in the war in Israel on October 7th.

I would like to ask what is the best way to set up such a challenge on Strava, so people could log-in the miles they are riding, where ever they are (either from their Garmin or from ZWIFT) and it will all be summed on one dash board.

Would truly appreciate your prompt help!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Ranmargaliot

Thank you for your post. We deeply sympathize with the concerns and distress caused by the Israel-Hamas war. We recognize the impact such events can have on individuals and communities, and our thoughts are with all those affected during this challenging time.

As for your question, we offer group challenges that have a maximum limit of 25 participants (you and 24 other athletes) per Group Challenge. Group Challenges can be created by subscribers, including athletes with a free trial subscription. All other athletes will get three free challenges to create or join. 

If you have more than the max number of participants, we recommend you create a club. While you cannot create a club challenge, you can create a club event.  There are also Apps that help you connect charity platforms to your Strava account. You can find out more here

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello again!
As noted previously, clubs are designed to track members' progress on a weekly basis. Leaderboards reset at 11:59pm on Sunday, and other than the 'Last Week' leaderboard, we do not store historical data at this time.

At this time we do not store historical Club data, nor is it possible to export information from Club pages. Our best recommendation would be to make note of the Club's leaderboard and statistics on a weekly basis so that you do not lose this information. However, since you are starting on a Friday, you would need to note what the stats were on Thurs and then again at the end of the week so you can get the data you are looking for.  We are hoping to make improvements to Club data that will provide additional statistics for Club members in the future, however, we do not have a timeframe for this. 

You can join in the discussion about clubs in our Community Hub here and  here. There is also an idea about club challenges here. Be sure to show your support for these ideas by clicking on the kudos button.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Ranmargaliot

Thank you for your post. We deeply sympathize with the concerns and distress caused by the Israel-Hamas war. We recognize the impact such events can have on individuals and communities, and our thoughts are with all those affected during this challenging time.

As for your question, we offer group challenges that have a maximum limit of 25 participants (you and 24 other athletes) per Group Challenge. Group Challenges can be created by subscribers, including athletes with a free trial subscription. All other athletes will get three free challenges to create or join. 

If you have more than the max number of participants, we recommend you create a club. While you cannot create a club challenge, you can create a club event.  There are also Apps that help you connect charity platforms to your Strava account. You can find out more here

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Thank you very much. It is indeed extremly challenging time for us. We are hoping to use this event to try and create some hope through these dark dark days.
We have indeed created an event through our club: 
I would like to ask if you can confirm that this event is open to all? 
And maybe assist us with some further guidance: how should we promote this event through people who are currently not in our club? 
How do set a deadline for this event?
How do we see the total kilometers count?
If by any chance we can jump on a quick call so you could help us understand the details it would be amazing.
Many thanks

Hi @Ranmargaliot

Thanks for the post. At this time we do not offer phone support but I'll do my best to answer you questions here.....

I took a look at your club and see you have an event coming up that is open to all.

One way to build your community is to post frequently; engage with your community will get them to engage with you. You may also want to create a post on your other social networks to invite new members to your club event and have your club members do the same.

As for a deadline, club events can only be set up for one day.  

For tracking, clubs are designed to track members' progress on a weekly basis. Leaderboards reset at 11:59 pm on Sunday, and other than the 'Last Week' leaderboard, we do not store historical data at this time.

Building a club takes time; the most successful clubs started with just a handful of people and now have thousands of members. Best of luck to your club!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Thank you for this reply!

this is extremly helpful. As we are looking to be able to keep track on our club members overall amount of kilometers ridden in once week (between Friday, October 20th until Friday, October 27th), and as I understand our event can only last one day, is there anything you’d reccomend that we do in order to get this statistic?