cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Virtual Ride”

ukexpat
Mt. Kenya

Please bring back the “Virtual Ride” type. I and many others use it to separate outdoor from indoor rides. Thank you. 

46 REPLIES 46

That was short lived…. Today s ride came up a physical ride

I  am on a roll here.. maybe I should ask about virtual rowing.

i create rowing workouts in iFIT they are virtual but they come in Strava as physical rows. No possibility to change the activity type.. shame that.. thus me having to specify on the activity title that it actually is a virtual Row. Please Strava 

Good luck! in my case, with thinkrider x5 neo trainer and Powerful app, it still doesn't work, it's outrageous.

It has been a few days now. Looks like it has been been solved when virtual ride is done from iFIT. Let’s wait a couple more roses just to be sure 

P3ngu1n0
Mt. Kenya

Unfortunately it does have a whiff of “Rich White Man Privilege”, considering 99% of Zwift users are in that demographic, whilst the less well off suffer on lesser equipment that god forbid doesn’t have extortionate set up fees and subscription!!

Agree with your first post, I'm yet to work out a fathomable reason for this change, and Janes' original post is a total cop-out because my iFit bike does all of that when you are following a trainer on a 'video' ride, and was being correctly classified before this change.  In fact it still does and before clicking 'save' on a synced ride it shows the route, and even allows you to select a 'map type' (subscribers).  It is only after clicking save this info is dropped!
If you do a 'streetview' (not video) ride it also has the GPS data and strangely keeps the map, and assigns it as 'virtual', so it is treating iFit data differently depending on the type of ride in a counter intuitive way!  My last 'map' ride is showing as 'virtual run', even though I rode it and set in in the ride settings as 'ride'.  My video rides, following a rider on the actual route collecting all the GPS data are now set as indoor!"  All f'kd up!

Your second post I can't agree with, Strava covers a wide variety of activities and I can't agree cyclists, let alone zwift cyclists can be accused of being the cause of this change.  This change has been made by STRAVA, let the blame lie at their door!  The world is a better place when we take off the race filter!  There's plenty of rich people who aint white!

P3ngu1n0
Mt. Kenya

Taking this Virtual Ride away is silly, petty and unnecessary.

I can only assume someone had an axe to grind about this completely minor issue and finally got their own way?

JimEatsPlants
Elbrus

I agree with others here. Please allow virtual rides to be set as an activity type, the current tag is insufficient. I don't want my virtual / indoor rides affecting stats for my real rides just because I'm using a peloton instead of a wahoo kickr bike or what have you. That's silly. Agree with other sentiment above, this makes me want to not even log activities with strava. 

jgallardo
Shkhara

Inhave thensame problem qnd now Inhave marked some activities with red flag beacuse I can't change. I can put that the activities are another Sport but nota virtual? It not have sense.

formspiel
Mt. Kenya

When will the “Indoor” available in the app? And at least the map would be nice cause I re-ride my outdoor rides also indoor. It’s easier to identify with the map. Just provide a different design (like grey = disabled from specific functions)

BR formspiel