cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Virtual Ride”

ukexpat
Mt. Kenya

Please bring back the “Virtual Ride” type. I and many others use it to separate outdoor from indoor rides. Thank you. 

47 REPLIES 47

It's like nobody at Strava is actually listening... Just let people set things as a virtual ride manually, as it's own activity type, that doesn't count towards regular ride stats and leaderboards / etc. I can manually say I was kayaking, swimming, running, working out, etc, but I can't say I was using a spin bike or virtual trainer if it doesn't come from the right device?? This is a you problem strava.

@plants4jim @ITV_G1 @ukexpat mind adding me to your Strava accounts ? 

I don't mind, I don't know how to find you, but you can find me here strava.com/athletes/jimeatsplants

difference in STrava.png

On the 13th of December it gets imported with no change in Strava as a Virtual Ride, and the next day, on the 14th it gets imported (I mean SYNC) as a Physical ride. I Have raised a support case with the iFIT team to see what they have to say about that... : o )

@Jane Just to back Dash up, same thing.  It even imported a MANUAL ride (when I lost my internet) as Virtual.  THIS IS YOUR CHANGE STRAVA that caused the issue, FIT IT!

ITV_G1_0-1672956526808.png

I am glad this isn’t just me..

i was beginning to think I was the only one using iFIT synched to Strava out there. 

i have just renewed my iFIT for another year . That sucks if I am to be treated as a cheater and a KOM stealer.

Why can’t it go back to how it was before ? 
i have been tempted to finally go down the subscription route at Strava , but what’s the point now ? Maybe I will get told, pay up and this will fox your issue. 

I understand your reply Jane. I am little confused because until beginning of December this was working fine. You can check my old rides and they were pushed automatically as virtual ride. So it was working fine until December. I haven’t changed the way I create and manage my rides in iFIT. Weird 🤔 I will ask iFIT team just in case 

Please please Strava let my iFIT rides become virtual rides again..

I am getting some flak from users on the fact that I am cheating them out of the leaderbords