cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Year recap : how do I distinguish commute ride total #km and "standard" #km?

GillesD
Shkhara

Hello Strava Community! 

I rode 6600 km this year, with a part of this kilometers done through commuting. I am curious to know which part has been achieved through commuting, and which part achieved through "standard" ride. Is there a way to compute / display this information easily in Strava (mobile or laptop version)? I have been looking for it, and the training recap is weekly, not doing a total of km for a given year.

Thanks for your help, and let me know if my request is not clear! 

Gilles D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anthlis
Pico de Orizaba

A large amount of my annual cycling distance is achieved through commuting to work and home too. Being able to discern this in the Strava app UI would help. I’ve thought about doing this myself using the developer API, but then saw that I could get it from a third party app called Veloviewer

IMG_9211.jpeg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

GillesD
Shkhara

hello Scout,

thanks for your answer and the link. Kudos added to this post! 
Gilles

Anthlis
Pico de Orizaba

A large amount of my annual cycling distance is achieved through commuting to work and home too. Being able to discern this in the Strava app UI would help. I’ve thought about doing this myself using the developer API, but then saw that I could get it from a third party app called Veloviewer

IMG_9211.jpeg

thanks Anthlis! I have linked my account to this app, and also paid the 10£ for a yearly subscription. This app does answer to my request, so I am going to write it as a valid solution, even though it is with subscriptions fees. 
Gilles

Hi GillesD,

I hope you get good data from VeloViewer. I use it regularly as a pro user myself. 
For other reasons, I recently came across another good 3rd party Strava analysis tool called https://www.statshunters.com. After you’ve authorised its use with your data and you set a couple of presets/filters it gives you quite a bit of insightful data, including how many commutes and what hours in the day you do the most kms etc. It’s totally free to use and without adverts. I’m not affiliated to this or veloviewer, but thought you might be interested. 
Thanks for the kudos, cheers. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @GillesD 

Thanks for posting about this.  You can filter for the activities you've tagged as commute on the My Activities page on the web:  https://www.strava.com/athlete/training

Look for the "commute" checkbox:

filtercommutes.pngI hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

hello Jane,

thanks for your answer, but it is not helpful. My request is to distinguish within a year :

• total number of km done by commuting
  • total number of km done without commuting

Your proposal is to exclude commuting rides from a list, but in the list there is no total showing up. I have been looking for a solution, but it seems I am the only one interested by knowing these kind of figures... 

Hey @GillesD
Thanks for your followup. You are correct, there are others who would like to see their commuting stats; take a look at this existing idea: 

Add commuting (and CO2 saved) to My Stats

Add your feedback and kudos to this post. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings