cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava athletes, let's get to know each other! (September)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for visiting the Strava Community Hub.  I'm Jane and here's a few things about me:

• I'm originally from Canada (Alberta) but I've been a  U.S. resident for a while and have lived in California, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and New York.
  • I've worked for Strava for nine years.
  • My favorite activities tend to change throughout the seasons; right now I'm enjoying walking and strength training the most.
  • I'm not currently training for any races or events, but I am looking forward to cheering on the runners in the NYC Marathon in November.

It would be great to get to know you!  Please introduce yourself and let us know a bit more about you, what you like to do, and any events or races you're planning for.  Drop your introduction into the thread below and let's start talking. 

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

5 REPLIES 5

k1zmt
Shkhara

Hi Jane and the crowd! 

I've got into the road cycling hobby more-less seriously a couple years ago. I have a couple single day interstate roundtrips on the public roads and I have done my first 200km brevet this year. I am riding alone and without helmet. Local rides banned me because I don't wear the helmet.

I am software engineer and I truly believe that software is just a tool. I think there are many things that could be done better in Strava and I like suggesting new features.

MMurph
Mt. Kenya

👋Hello, all.  I recently retired and live in the heartland of America.  I enjoy riding my road bike but have found drivers too inattentive to trust sharing the road.  In Real Life rides, I'll go for 12 or 24 miles when traffic seems light or the drivers seem to paying better attention that day...haha. Mostly, I'll ride on Zwift. I rode Rouvy also and it's okay but the tech seems a bit rudimentary (slow-mo is off-putting).  Just riding for exercise and not too competitive, especially when I can't do what I could 25-30 years ago. 😉  

BryanC
Pico de Orizaba

I’m Bryan and live on the South coast of England. 

I love cycling both along our coastline and through the Hampshire hills. 
But you’ll also find me walking a lot.  My English Springer Spaniel always running around me as I go.  

Hi MMurph,

I'm with you on the inattentive drivers.  I don't ride outside nearly as much as I used to, and I try to get out early on a Sunday morning when traffic is light.  

I was interested to hear you use both Zwift and Rouvy.  We just rolled out Strava Live Segments for Rouvy.  I haven't used it but the demo looks pretty cool!  Let us know if you give it a try.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi there, thanks for introducing yourself. Road riding truly does require a lot of confidence and navigating around distracted drivers is not for the weak of heart. Zwift and Rouvy are constantly getting updates, I enjoy virtual cycling, too. We're happy to have you in the Community!