cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hey Strava Community Hub members, come introduce yourself! (August)

LouB
Strava Alumni

The Strava Community Hub is a collaborative space where we can all come together as athletes to share what motivates us to reach our goals. We are all about building connection and understanding each other better as well as how Strava is helping us with our goals. 

We'd love to get to know you, here's a few icebreakers to get you started

• What's your name?
  • Where are you from?
  • What's the activity that you are enjoying the most this season?

Drop your introduction into the thread below and let's start talking. 

Eve
(She/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

23 REPLIES 23

Hey Ben!

Welcome to the Community Hub! We're happy to have you here. Good luck with your racing this season!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

spawnee
Mt. Kenya

Hi All, I am Dave, and I live in the northwest of England in a little historic city called Lancaster. I am very close to two national parks (Lake District and Yorkshire Dales) and to two Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (Forest of Bowland and Silverdale and Arnside). I joined Stava a few years ago, when my fitness levels were at their lowest. My idea was that Strava would be used to help me regain fitness and get more consistent. I was doing really well with running fairly regularly, cycling occasionally and indoor rowing, but in the last few months my fitness has dropped off again. So I am excited to be part of the community, and hope to get some inspiration from everyone around the world!! Take care! Dave

Hey Dave,

Thank you for joining the community. I'm sure you will inspire others just as much as they will inspire you! Excited to have you here!

KBryant24

velocipederider
Pico de Orizaba
  • My name is Ruarí and I use the nick "velocipederider" in various places online
  • I am from the UK but have lived in the US and now reside in Norway
  • Almost all of my activities are unsupported (unknown) activity types as far as Strava is concerned. I spend about half my time unicycling (distance and commutes) but also regularly ride a penny farthing, footbike (like an oversized kick scooter) and a "Halfbike" (use your favourite search engine to work out that last one).

If I could change one thing about Strava it would be to add more activity types. Granted my own selection might be considered a little odd but unicycling is surprisingly popular on here. Also I struggle to understand how stuff like skateboards and scooters (non-electric) are not listed, nor sub-categories for riding like "fixed wheel", while much more obscure stuff like velomobile is. To be clear I have nothing against velomobiles, they are awesome and I would certianly not want them removed but come on… no skateboards? (note: I am not even a skateboarder!)

Hey Ruari,

Thank you for joining. Excited to have you as a part of this community!

KBryant24

miles_mountains
Mt. Kenya

Hey everyone, Josh here from Southern Vermont. 

I'm a professional running coach, multi-sport athlete, photographer and general adventurer.

I've been on Strava since 2013 or so, and it's been cool to watch (most of) the changes and improvements.

I'm a big proponent of community, both virtual and in-person, so I hope to convince Strava to revert to some of the older ways that were easier to engage with various communities. (All hail the tabs at the top on mobile!)

Hey Josh,

Thank you for being with us for so long! Looking forward to seeing your contributions with the community.

KBryant24

eric
Elbrus

Hey all, Eric here from Colorado! Glad to be a new member.

My favorite activity this season is mountain biking gnarly jeep roads in the back country. 

I posted a bit more about myself here:

https://communityhub.strava.com/t5/campfire-chat/hi-from-colorful-colorado-here-s-how-strava-has-hel... 

Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3170505 (Check out my daily photos!)
Strava member since 2013

Hey Eric,

Glad to have you apart of the community. Excited to hear more from you down the road!

KBryant24

lenkakrivankova
Shkhara

Dear Strava community!

I am Lenka from 🇨🇿

My favourite activity is Nordic Walking. 

I am looking forward to meeting inspiroing people here 🙂

Lenka

To the Admins: please, add Nordic Walking as an activity 🙏🏻