cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

HOT or COLD?

Soren
Denali

Do you prefer exercising in the heat or cold? I'd pick the heat any day. I'm simply not a fan of freezing my fingers, toes, nose and eyeballs off. How about you?

Comment below if you prefer being 🌞 = hot or ❄️ = cold.

digital image of a thermometer between a flame and a snowflakedigital image of a thermometer between a flame and a snowflake

6 REPLIES 6

N00DlesHead
Shkhara

Depends on how hot or how cold.  If it's +40 and so humid you can't breathe count me out.  If it's -40 I might stay in, anywhere inbetween and I'm golden.

are we talking Celsius or Fahrenheit? High humidity makes you feel like you're breathing in water 😫

therunningryan
Shkhara

I definitely prefer the cooler weather. Granted, I live in LA so my definition of “cool” would be the mid 60’s. I don’t mind the heat too much either as it helps with the heat acclimation

Follow me on: Strava, Instagram, or YouTube!
Or check out my blog!

Hi @therunningryan - I'm with you 100%, except my definition of "cool" is 50ish for running and 70ish for cycling (that's Fahrenheit of course).  IMHO warm weather is better suited for patios and beer.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

CreakyCrank
Mount Logan

❄️ cold every time for me, once I get moving, I will heat up.  I don't like hot/humid conditions (maybe growing up in Canada accounts for this).  One thing I don't like though - starting in the rain... it can rain after I have started my activity, but if it is already raining, then count me out 😀

I heat up too, but if the temps drop too much no amount of movement can account for the numbness in my fingers and toes and it becomes unbearable 😣 
I find rain to be unpleasant mainly because of how dirty everything gets. I do love a summer shower though! Rain + cold = awfully unpleasant. Rain + heat = wonderful... unless it's brutally humid, haha. Which part of Canada did you grow up in?