cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Activities selectively not being pushed to feed

CristianNita
Mt. Kenya

I ran a race yesterday and it's acting as if it's been muted, when I definitely hasn't. On the other hand my warmup is showing just fine. I've received significantly more kudos on my warmup than the race. Thought it was a one off but the same thing happened to my dad today. TT not showing, warmup showing. It's visible if you go onto profile, but doesn't send to others' feeds. I've seen a few people already on reddit with the same problem, saying it might be a new algorithm which isn't working as it should.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please note that the 'Missing activities" will not show in your follower's feeds as they are too old at this point; however there should be no further issues with new activities posting. 

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please note that the 'Missing activities" will not show in your follower's feeds as they are too old at this point; however there should be no further issues with new activities posting. 

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hey All, 

Quick update; Our team has informed us that the fix will go out later today. I will post a follow up once this has been done. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

kviccaji
Mt. Kenya

Just now I was looking at my Strava (Android) app home page feed on the phone, and confirmed a glitch which I first noticed on Sunday.

When athletes you are following record more than 1 activity on a given day, Strava displays only the last activity of that day.

On Sunday morning, A1 had participated in a Triathlon event.
But on my home page feed I could see A1's run activity, but not the Cycling and Swimming activities. When I checked his activity feed from the profile page, I could see the Cycling  and Swimming activities and gave kudos.

Today morning, again on my home feed, for A2 and A3 I could only see their cool-down walk on my feed, but not their runs before that.
When I went to their individual activities page, I could see the run as well, and gave kudos for that a few seconds ago!

Has this been noticed and reported by other athletes too?

(A1, A2, A3 are athletes I follow on Strava).

The app version on my phone is 359.19 (1235662)

olivercroke
Mt. Kenya

Definitely noticing the same too. Did a triathlon last weekend and my swim segment is getting loads of likes but the bike and run segment are only being like by people I did the race with. I also had a few friends doing a half marathon the same day but only one friend showed up on my feed (I scrolled through several times to the day before and only one friend's activity showed). Sure enough, if I visit other peoples profile who I know were racing that day I can see their activity there, but it's not in my feed.

HAL1
Mt. Kenya

I'm not sure that I'm posting this in the correct place, but the only people"s posts I can see (or can see mine) are those friends from out of state. Has anyone ever heard of this issue or have any ideas on how to fix it? 

~HAL1

MattMcC
Mt. Kenya

Hi,

I am a regular strava user and a subscriber, my main sport is set as running. In the last week I have had problems with my activities on strava.

The problem comes with a race I did on Thursday evening. I rode my bike to the event, as it was nearby (<5km). I then warmed up, a 3km activity recorded separately of the race, which was 8.5km orienteering, which I uploaded as a race, with visibility set to everyone, the other 3 activities were set to followers only, and were not uploaded as race or workout or commute.

Despite this, my race got no kudos until I got one this afternoon (3 days later), which was my mum who was looking through my profile as she was wondering why she hadn't seen it when she normally does. The rides ended up getting about the average amount of kudos, my warm up got none. For context, I have not received 0 kudos on an activity for over 2 years, and for it to happen on a race which I felt quite proud of, is a little demotivating, as all my races receive a minimum of 20 usually.

Has anyone else experienced this, if so and you have a fix, please reach out, as this has impacted many of my orienteering friends as well.

The only other reason I can think is that there has been a recent update recently, and this is a bug. If this is so, please fix it quickly, as it is stupid that a nothing activity set on a visibility level lower and not an athlete's registered main sport than a race, let alone whether it was good or not, to appear higher or exclusively on another person's feed is not good.

Same issue here. My daughter did four races with appropriate warmups/cooldowns and I can only see the CDs/WUs in feed. Based on kudos, we think her friends don’t see the main activities either.

We’ve seen this since yesterday.

I think I have the same problem. My friends aren’t seeing my activities but can see a warm up. Checked my privacy sweeting’s and all plus fine so what’s going on

Yes I have noticed this change in the last ~2 weeks or maybe since the recent update? I was interstate and recorded a couple of runs and got no kudos for either which I usually would when logging runs in an unusual location. Then my daughter smashed her parkrun PB yesterday and it didn’t show in my feed. Her boring warm up (recorded separately) was there but not the race. In both above examples all activities were set to be visible to everyone.

@strava, if you are going to change the algorithm to not show some activities in followers feeds, don’t mute races or otherwise ‘interesting’ runs in favour of warmups!!

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings