cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Activities selectively not being pushed to feed

CristianNita
Mt. Kenya

I ran a race yesterday and it's acting as if it's been muted, when I definitely hasn't. On the other hand my warmup is showing just fine. I've received significantly more kudos on my warmup than the race. Thought it was a one off but the same thing happened to my dad today. TT not showing, warmup showing. It's visible if you go onto profile, but doesn't send to others' feeds. I've seen a few people already on reddit with the same problem, saying it might be a new algorithm which isn't working as it should.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hi All! 

Thanks to everyone who posted about this. I've received word that this should now be fixed. Please note that the 'Missing activities" will not show in your follower's feeds as they are too old at this point; however there should be no further issues with new activities posting. 

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello!
Thanks for the posts. We are aware of this issue and are working on solving it as quickly as possible. We will post an update when we get more info from our team about this.

@zecanard, this seems to be a different issue than the one you linked to. That post noted that others can see the activities. We are looking into an issue where others are not seeing other user's activities. 

Thank you for your patience while we look into this. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi, I’ve been having the same issue with the feed not working , All my workouts do not show on other people’s feeds only select ones, and this is the same for me not seeing followers full feeds. If you click on user you can see the workouts but not in your feed? This is very frustrating.

I think behind the scenes the "don't show this activity in feed/clubs" is "check/true" for these activities even though it shows unchecked on the activity.  I just checked it to no show.  Save.  And then went back to uncheck "save" and it won't remove the check now.  Locked checked/true in the code for the activity.  Difference now being for me it did show in my own feed and club for me (not for friends) previously and now they fully don't show for me in feed or club as fully intended buy the setting.

I was able to uncheck the activity mute setting in the phone app.  Now visible in my own feed and club again.  Unsure yet if in friends feeds.

Which is why I said “a bit like” and “similar,” not “the same as.”

The user in the issue I linked cannot see their own activities in their feed.

zecanard
Kilimanjaro

Sounds a bit like this similar issue. I myself have noticed oddities on the rare occasions I’ve posted multiple activities on the same day.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings