cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Upcoming Forum Upgrade – New Experience Launching Soon!

Here’s what you need to know about the changes, including upcoming read-only time: Find out more

Unable to add links/URLS to posts /URLs stripped out in comments

Jeff
Shkhara

What happened with URLs? Looks like URLs are being automatically removed from posts, so it's being a little bit more complicated to share for example Strava Challenges from clubs with friends.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Marya
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello all, please find more information regarding this here. Thank you. 

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Insta360
Mt. Kenya

Hey Scout,

I also encountered the same problem when I posted on my own Strava Club. It's the screenshot when I failed to post anything on the post section in the Insta360 Clubhouse. Please help and resolve it, thanks!

Insta360_0-1727681452497.jpeg

JWMaverick
Mt. Kenya

I can't view the links in some of my Club posts. It just says content unavailable. Even with a new post I make, I can't attach a link.

Is it because I just accepted the new privacy policy? 

I have been a member for over a year and a half, so I know it isn't that. 

Help would be appreciated. 

It seems to be a bug across all clubs, I can see the same - all the links even in older posts were truncated/stopped working... 

Edit to add: not just clubs - ALL links... 🤨 I checked my older activities where I posted YouTube video links (as the race organisers made a personalised video from the event for each participant). All broken 😞 

yeah even the links in your profile description appears to be broken 😕

sal
Shkhara

If the URL stripping from user content is a spam prevention measure, it's been poorly implemented and needs to be rolled back to reinstate user's content at a minimum. Many of us use URLs in descriptions for perfectly reasonable purposes and as mentioned earlier, data like distances that barely resemble URLs have also been stripped (hopefully non-destructively). Poor form Strava. 👎

runnerd_nl
Mt. Kenya

thanks for posting this, spend half the morning trying to figure out why my links weren't working anymore.

espelicht
Mt. Kenya

I really hope this bug can be corrected and all the removed information from past activities can be restored.

Not only links have been removed, but also stings like "2.2KM". This is ridiculous. 

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hello!

Thanks for the posts. We are looking into this and will post any updates we get from our team about this. Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

vegantrilad
Mt. Kenya

All of a sudden I am unable to add links to my posts. I stream my Zwift races on YouTube and have always be able to use Strava as a way to let me followers know when I'm racing. I been on this platform for years and am always interacting with fellow athletes. Link to my post https://www.strava.com/athletes/35894425/posts/32646115