cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly total always 0.02 higher than when I add up each activity

Jay81
Shkhara

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be able to advise.  According to my weekly summary I have so far ran 22.56km, but when I add up each activity i have done this week it comes to 22.54km. With this in mind I decided to check the last few weeks and they are the same, the total distance ran is 0.02 higher than the total I get when adding them up. 

Any idea why there is the discrepancy? Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ActivityFix
Mount Logan

Most likely it's a rounding issue. Strava stores the distance for each activity in meters, but only shows 2 decimal points for an individual activity. If you ran 5003 meters one day, the activity would show 5.00km. Over the course of a week, if you add up all the extra meters for the weekly total, it probably explains the difference. In my example, if you did the same 5k every day, you'd add up to 35.00km but adding the actual 5003m distance all 7 days you'd get 35.02km

But that's just a guess.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ActivityFix
Mount Logan

Most likely it's a rounding issue. Strava stores the distance for each activity in meters, but only shows 2 decimal points for an individual activity. If you ran 5003 meters one day, the activity would show 5.00km. Over the course of a week, if you add up all the extra meters for the weekly total, it probably explains the difference. In my example, if you did the same 5k every day, you'd add up to 35.00km but adding the actual 5003m distance all 7 days you'd get 35.02km

But that's just a guess.

Makes total sense. Thanks mate 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings