cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Lap markers

betoinbeta
Mt. Kenya

I've noticed annoying issues with Apple Watch run workouts and Strava. If I set alerts (i.e. pace range alerts etc...) for a custom apple watch run workout. Strava interprets each alert as a new lap. This feels like a bug, has anyone else had the same issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

hey @betoinbeta & @ivansantos,

Thanks for your post regarding this. Our team is aware that the pace alerts on the watch will toggle the creation of new laps in the activity file. The issue is that Apple is writing the pace alert triggers under the Laps field in the FIT file they send us so our system sees that and displays that info on upload. There are certain things that Apple can do specific to their own ecosystem which we don’t have the ability to adapt at this time. Until there is an update, you may want to disable your pace notifications to prevent this from happening. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Scout
Moderator Moderator

hey @betoinbeta & @ivansantos,

Thanks for your post regarding this. Our team is aware that the pace alerts on the watch will toggle the creation of new laps in the activity file. The issue is that Apple is writing the pace alert triggers under the Laps field in the FIT file they send us so our system sees that and displays that info on upload. There are certain things that Apple can do specific to their own ecosystem which we don’t have the ability to adapt at this time. Until there is an update, you may want to disable your pace notifications to prevent this from happening. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

ivansantos
Mt. Kenya

Yes, I am having the same issue. Is there a way around this?