cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

[Known Issue] Strava map displays incorrect ride end point

dhflies
Shkhara

On my last 3 rides, my Strava route shows that I ended my ride sooner than I actually did. I sync my Sigma ROX 11.0 bike computer to Strava and upload my data after each ride. My Sigma app shows that I did the full route, however, Strava seems to come up with a random endpoint. This is not a privacy setting since that appears grey when looking at my routes, this is actually a little checkered flag showing I ended my ride in a location that I did not. I have attached images of my Sigma route map and my Strava route map for your information.

Sigma map:

Sigma app mapSigma app map

Strava map:

Strava app mapStrava app map

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

UPDATE: We have confirmed with Sigma's engineers that the issue is on their end. Sigma has requested that athletes currently experiencing this issue reach out to their support team directly for further assistance with resolving the issue. You can reach their support team here: https://sigmasport.com/service-center/

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

41 REPLIES 41

It's now been over 3 months?!?! What's the solution? Buy another brand GPS? 

Sadly thats exactly the solution im aiming for right now... Currently planning on buying a wahoo to not have this issue anymore, eventhough i dont like to buy a new one if my sigma still works (aside from this problem)

I`ve read about other brands having the exact same problem too, so i don`t know if buying a new device solves the problem. I absolutely do not understand, why this "Verschlimmbesserung" isn`t made irreversible?

A real pity. I quite like my sigma but it seems the urgency to fix the issue is absent. Quite frustrating. 

Yes, i also like the device but i dont have any hope that they try to fix a device which is on the market since more than 7 years with new products already out...

I gave up and purchased a Wahoo Roam. It has a better user interface and I can use my phone app to find, plan, and upload routes, and works with my Wahoo Kickr trainer. I did like the simplicity and reliability of my Sigma until this issue popped up.

Update my end. Also decided to invest in a Wahoo Elemnt Roam. Obviously the payment of a new device wasn't ideal but the quality is night and day. Absolutely no issues. Really a pity that Sigma aren't interested in rectifying the issue that they clearly have but they have lost another user to the ever growing list. 

Seems like Sigma are losing users fast... Pity

Yes, i'm receiving my ELEMNT Bolt today and i am glad to end that struggle with the Rox

PINHO
Mt. Kenya

Hi, I have the same problem with strava route shows that I ended my ride sooner than I actually did. My Sigma app shows that I did the full route, however I have Sigma ROX 11.0, too. My moving time is 1h39m46sec and elapsed time is 1h45m41sec. When I uploaded this route to strava, so exactly the time of the break (pause time 5m55sec), on this time my activity was shorter (sooner end point). My last two activities November 8th and November 14th (today) were shorter, same problems.