cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

No Cadence Data in Strava Apple Watch App

CommanderBrot
Mt. Kenya

I just paid for a premium to be able to use Beacon when I'm out with my bike. I have a new Apple Watch Ultra with cellular and wanted to be able to go for a ride without my phone and a bike computer while still sending my location to my wife.

I rode today and - there seems to be no way to have cadence data? I can't find a way to pair a sensor in the watch or use the already paired sensor (via Apple fitness).

Never in a million years could I have imagined that a cycling app would not support cadence data?

Also, the UI is basically unusable when trying to have a quick glance - the Apple App is miles ahead...

Did I miss something or are there any plans on improving this mess? Seems like I have just waisted 75 EUR on this...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @CommanderBrot
Thanks for your post. While we don't currently have the ability to import+read the new external cadence data from Apple Health, we will share your suggestion for this improvement to the appropriate team(s) in charge of exploring how to improve this integration for our Apple Watch athletes.

We also have this suggestion posted on our Ideas Board here on the Community Hub. You can show your support by clicking on the kudos button and adding a comment to the thread.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

azurb1
Mt. Kenya

Idea board is two years old - how long before you actually add this metrics to Strava???

paying premium make no sense without displaying data I already collected on the watch!

Hey @azurb1

We appreciate your enthusiasm for this suggestion. While it might seem like there haven't been recent updates on this idea, please note the following: 

• We receive a large number of ideas, and even some very popular ideas will not make it to the implementation stage
  • Popular ideas (ideas that get lots of votes) will be regularly surfaced to our Product Teams for review
  • The number of votes an idea gets is only one factor that’s considered when we plan our roadmap
  • When we receive updates from our Product Teams on the status of an idea, we will share as much information as we can
  • We strive to be transparent as possible, but please remember that we may not explain or justify why we might prioritize the development of some features over others

For more information on this, please review our Guide to Ideas.

We're committed to delivering the best athlete experience, and that often means weighing various ideas against each other and fitting them into our overall roadmap.

Your input is valuable and all ideas go through evaluation to ensure they align with both broader goals and our athletes' needs. We'll be sure to keep you updated as soon as there are any notable developments.

Thank you for being a part of the Community and for helping us make our product better together!

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @CommanderBrot
Thanks for your post. While we don't currently have the ability to import+read the new external cadence data from Apple Health, we will share your suggestion for this improvement to the appropriate team(s) in charge of exploring how to improve this integration for our Apple Watch athletes.

We also have this suggestion posted on our Ideas Board here on the Community Hub. You can show your support by clicking on the kudos button and adding a comment to the thread.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)