cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(RESOLVED) Error message (non-null is null) when attempting to sync activities on Wear OS app

Former Member
Not applicable

Sync of walk between Galaxy Watch 4 (Wear OS) and Samsung S21 failed. Fresh installs on both the phone and watch.

image_2024-04-02_234627643.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hi All 👋!
Thanks for your patience and sorry about the issues.

You can try the steps @TheFostah noted which resolved the issue without losing any data:

Open Strava on watch, sign out, and sign back in and it should ask you to grant it permission again.

If this doesn't work for you, our team has pushed a fix and you will need to do the following:

1. delete the Strava application from your watch
2. Power your device off for 10 seconds
3. turn your watch back on and reinstall the Strava application (v1.39).

Unfortunately, this will discard any pending activities that have not yet synced to your account but will remove the error and new activities should sync over again. If you have issues after doing the above, 
please submit a support ticket. If you have trouble with our online form, you can send an email to support@strava.zendesk.com. Please direct your email to the attention of Jimi. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

136 REPLIES 136

Hi Scout,

I've tried the following:

1. Strava apps are up to date
  2. The watch and phone have been restarted, several times 
  3. I reinstalled the apps on both my phone and my watch, it still gave the same result
  4. Both were fully charged while trying
  5. No restricting modes were activated
  6. Both had a good Bluetooth connection and a strong WIFI signal
  7. After trying an entire evening to sync I let it go until the next morning. Then after pressing the manual sync button on my watch once again it somehow synced. This happened twice during the last week. During the second time, I waited and checked if it would sync after midnight, but it still would only sync after a couple of hours.

I hope this information helps solve the issue.

Same for me as other posters using Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 to Pixel 7a.  
All steps below followed, and paused VPN on my phone while attempting to resolve.  Samsung Health from watch to phone is syncing though, so definitely a Strava app issue.  And as other's have mentioned, the constant unsuccessful attempts to sync are draining watch batter.
Why don't you wind the watch app back to a couple of versions ago, and properly beta test updates before releasing them?

Willow,  Australia

I just left my phone and watch on charge overnight and if any update was needed it happened and my watch resynced perfect today, thank you

Scout,

Only thing I'm seeing working is waiting like 6 hours. I've tried everything you've outlined above, unfortunately something is wrong with Strava and it's connectivity to smart watches. I see Garmin has no problems with uploads. Hopefully Strava will come out with a patch fix soon.

Emdeuitch
Mt. Kenya

Having the same problem, which is frustrating when I'm training. I have a Samsung watch and a pixel phone, I've restarted both several times and waited a few hours. Has anyone found a fix yet? 

Same, may just switch to my Garmin. Looks like that doesn't have any issue uploading or syncing.

Mess
Mt. Kenya

Same issue.  Galaxy watch 5 pro.  Samsung S20.

Bikerrebel
Mt. Kenya

I did a run on Thursday evening, it did not sync untill friday morning, and I kept receiving the parameter... message.

Today I did another run, once again it won't sync, even after rebooting my phone and my watch.

WilliamLedo
Mt. Kenya

Same error on watch 4 + A54

Crudisill64
Mt. Kenya

Same here. Happened before and later in the day it magically synced.