cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tomtom Sports

ChrisGiggles
Mt. Kenya

Hi everyone, does anyone else use a TomTom watch to record their runs and then upload to Strava via the TomTom app? They announced last week that they are closing it down at the end of September, meaning users will no longer be able to upload their runs. 

I'm assuming I'll need to buy a new watch, but would be interested to know if there is a workaround? Thanks 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hey there, we're aware of TomTom closing down and this question may be better directed towards them. To be clear, are you inquiring about how to transfer new activities recorded with a TomTom watch going forward? From their discontinuation Q&A announcement article, it doesn't look like there will be a good way to export any activities after discontinuation. I would recommend looking into a new watch -- there is an older discussion thread on watches here. Best of luck!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RaV_B
Mt. Kenya

This look like solution.

https://blog.studioblueplanet.net/software/tomtomwatch

"TomTomWatch is a Java application for downloading content from the TomTom GPS watches. I created it because I do not want to use the TomTom cloud for maintaining my tracks. Anno 2023 TomTom stops their cloud service, so this software can be used to continue using the TomTom watches."

Soren
Denali

Hey there, we're aware of TomTom closing down and this question may be better directed towards them. To be clear, are you inquiring about how to transfer new activities recorded with a TomTom watch going forward? From their discontinuation Q&A announcement article, it doesn't look like there will be a good way to export any activities after discontinuation. I would recommend looking into a new watch -- there is an older discussion thread on watches here. Best of luck!

Hello Soren. So knowing TomTom was shutting down I have bought myself a Garmin Forerunner 55. All my old runs are stored on TomTom Sports own App. Is there anyway this data can be transferred to Strava. Kind regards 

That's a great watch, I hope you enjoy it! You will be able to export your old runs from the TomTom Sport Connect app or website until September 30th, 2023.

To export specific activity files: 

On TomTom sport you will go to activities and click on the activity that you wish to export the file for. Once on the activity overview you will click the share button and select either FIT, TCX, or GPX as the file type (these are the only file types supported for upload to Strava).

To Export ALL of your files from TomTom Sports website:

Go to your TomTom account settings> Manage Account> Manage My Data.

On the Manage My Data page you will click the button to "Download all my data".

This will download a ZIP file containing all your account data and activity files.

Before you can upload those activity files to https://www.strava.com/upload/select you will want to make sure to unzip the ZIP file.

Windows instructions on unzipping files: Zip and unzip files- Microsoft

Mac instructions on unzipping files: Zip and unzip files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

If you need help uploading your historic activities from TomTom Sport to Strava please submit a support ticket.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. 

https://blog.studioblueplanet.net/software/tomtomwatch

"TomTomWatch is a Java application for downloading content from the TomTom GPS watches. I created it because I do not want to use the TomTom cloud for maintaining my tracks. Anno 2023 TomTom stops their cloud service, so this software can be used to continue using the TomTom watches."