cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Strava to Training Peaks, TCX file missing HR and Power

Person
Mt. Kenya

Peloton-> Strava -> Training Peaks

Firstly im frustrated that for indoor rides (peloton) i need to upload to strava first and then upload to training peaks. And for any outdoor activity i need to upload to garmin and then upload to training peaks. Why cant strava link to TP directly? Anyway...

Peloton to Strava is easy, all of my fitness data (duration, speed, hr, power, etc..). Strava to TrainingPeaks is not easy. Requires manual export and upload to the TP site.

I found guidance on how to export the .tcx file from strava and import it to TrainingPeaks and have successfully manually uploaded to TrainingPeaks. However, why is there only distance, time, speed and calories in the .tcx file after exporting? Where did the HR and Power data go? To further clarify, i have all the data displaying in strava, after i export, only basic speed and time info is transferred. 

My health related data permission is turned on, i have strava premium, i use "export_original" to export the .tcx file. What is going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Person 

Thanks for posting about this.  As you've pointed out, Strava and Training Peaks do not offer any kind of automatic syncing between platforms.   It sounds like you're recording your outdoor activities with a Garmin device, is that correct?  If that's the case, you can set your Garmin account up to sync automatically to Training Peaks, if you haven't already.  Instructions for that can be found here on the Training Peaks site.  

In regards to your Peloton data, sorry to hear the heart rate and power data is not showing in Training Peaks when you upload the Peloton tcx file.  Exported files from Peloton activities on Strava should contain this data.  I just exported a file from one of my own Peloton activities and I can see both heart rate and power data in the file.  I would recommend contacting Training Peaks Support to see if they can investigate from their side.

If you would like someone from Strava Support to take a look at your account and troubleshoot with you directly, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to assist.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @Person 

Thanks for posting about this.  As you've pointed out, Strava and Training Peaks do not offer any kind of automatic syncing between platforms.   It sounds like you're recording your outdoor activities with a Garmin device, is that correct?  If that's the case, you can set your Garmin account up to sync automatically to Training Peaks, if you haven't already.  Instructions for that can be found here on the Training Peaks site.  

In regards to your Peloton data, sorry to hear the heart rate and power data is not showing in Training Peaks when you upload the Peloton tcx file.  Exported files from Peloton activities on Strava should contain this data.  I just exported a file from one of my own Peloton activities and I can see both heart rate and power data in the file.  I would recommend contacting Training Peaks Support to see if they can investigate from their side.

If you would like someone from Strava Support to take a look at your account and troubleshoot with you directly, please submit a support ticket and we'll be happy to assist.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team