cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wear OS3 & Strava – observations and bugs

AlistairDance
Mt. Kenya

I have invested in my first ever smart watch (Mobvoi TicWatch and 5) after discovering my Garmin in the washing machine. I wanted to list a number of bugs, ideas, obervations to see if anyone had a response to any.

1. Issue. There is no way to have Strava 'Always on' so when you glance at your watch you can see pace/time/etc. You have to interact with your device to see this.
  2. The way round the above it is to have an alternative 'Amoled' display switched on so when you twist you wrist this appears. Problem is that the app has a BUG that only shows one screen (time/distance) and the screen to pause/end your run is blank. I therefore have to restart my watch to end the run.
  3. UX idea. Have a haptic/ping when you have hit a mile/km/time marker on your watch
  4. UX idea. Provide more info of your run very limited data view here even for a novice runner

I know WearOS3 is pretty new but some simple updates to the watch app will go a long way. Sadly there is no alternative to the Strava app (Garmin do not have a WearOS 3 app). Any ideas or suggestions would be gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @AlistairDance 

Thanks for writing in about this and sorry to hear about the washing machine incident.  

As you know, the Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 5 is brand new and we're very interested in your feedback and bug reports.  Would you be able submit a support ticket  so we can work with you directly, and possibly get some screenshots of what you're experiencing?  We would appreciate that.

In regards to your ideas for UX improvement, thanks very much.  

These sound like great suggestions to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your ideas. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @AlistairDance 

Thanks for writing in about this and sorry to hear about the washing machine incident.  

As you know, the Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 5 is brand new and we're very interested in your feedback and bug reports.  Would you be able submit a support ticket  so we can work with you directly, and possibly get some screenshots of what you're experiencing?  We would appreciate that.

In regards to your ideas for UX improvement, thanks very much.  

These sound like great suggestions to share to our Ideas Board so that others can also vote on your ideas. We kindly ask that you review our Idea Guidelines, particularly the “What makes a good idea” section, to ensure that your ideas are clear, concise, and can reach as many others as possible.

Thank you for your contribution, we value your input.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings