cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Swim

mole1066
Mt. Kenya

When I use apps such as MySwimPro with the Apple Watch it automatically Tuens on the "water lock" feature on the Apple Watch.

If I start a swim with Strava on the Apple Watch this doe snot happen. What is more, I cannot swipe up to manually turn on the water lock.

Is this just me or am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi mole1066,

Thanks for your post.  I checked in with someone on my Team who is familiar with using the Apple Watch for swimming.  They said  you can turn on the Water Lock feature from the Apple watch settings if you swipe up, and you will have to turn it off there when you're done too.  If you want to turn it on from within the Strava watch App, you will have to start the recording and then you can enable it from the same place you would finish or pause the activity.  

Please give that a try and if it's still not working for you, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi mole1066,

Thanks for your post.  I checked in with someone on my Team who is familiar with using the Apple Watch for swimming.  They said  you can turn on the Water Lock feature from the Apple watch settings if you swipe up, and you will have to turn it off there when you're done too.  If you want to turn it on from within the Strava watch App, you will have to start the recording and then you can enable it from the same place you would finish or pause the activity.  

Please give that a try and if it's still not working for you, please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to investigate further.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hi,

Why does Strava have to make everything so awkward? Other, so called lesser apps can turn on the water lock automatically when you start a swim activity, so why can’t Strava?? 
I’ve notice this sort of thing a lot with Strava, another example being when you start a run on the Apple Watch, it isn’t mirrored or at the very least given an option to mirror it on the iPhone. Again, other apps allow this so it’s blatantly possible, yet Strava refuse to enable it. 
Why to both of the above please? Thanks. 

What is happening regarding starting the water lock automatically on the Apple Watch when you start a swim activity on Strava? I asked this in April; it is now October!

Hi Jane - Can you help me add Swim as an activity on the Strava app on my apple watch? It shows up as an activity on my phone app but I can't figure out how to get it on the watch app. Thanks!