cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio notification

HD
Mt. Kenya

I would like to know why I can not listen audio notification by KM run, since I use a new Samsung phone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HD
Mt. Kenya

Thank you! I have already managed the problem (check your Text To Speech-language options and confirm the preferred engine matches your system's language preference

Henrique

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Islandtwitch
Mt. Kenya

Go to phone SETTINGS, then GENERAL MANAGEMENT, then TEXT-TO-SPEECH, then LANGUAGE and select your preferred language. 

I selected my language on both Preferred engine, and Language. When you get there you will see. While I was in there I also adjusted SPEECH RATE and PITCH.
My phone is a Samsung.

Good luck.

HD
Mt. Kenya

Thank you! I have already managed the problem (check your Text To Speech-language options and confirm the preferred engine matches your system's language preference

Henrique

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi HD,

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you ensure you have audio announcements turned on in the Strava App?

• Select Record from the bottom navigation menu.
  • Select the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner and Audio Cues on the next page.
  • From here, you enable start/stop/pause announcements for runs, rides, and walks.

If you have announcements enabled and you're still not hearing them, here's some troubleshooting steps:

• Try reinstalling the Strava app and restarting your phone.
  • Double-check that your audio announcement settings are still enabled. Occasionally, your recording settings will be reset if you log out of the Strava app. 
  • Ensure that your media volume, not just your ringer volume, is turned up to an audible level.
    • Android phones often have three or four settings for volume. Try turning them all up.
    • iPhones have a control center where you can control media volume. To access the control center on iPhone X and later, swipe down from the top-right corner of the screen. On other models, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen.
  • On Android phones, check your Text To Speech-language options and confirm the preferred engine matches your system's language preference.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Hey,

What you mean by this sentence? What do i need to do?

• On Android phones, check your Text To Speech-language options and confirm the preferred engine matches your system's language preference.