cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Choose default activity type from full list

toweliechaos
Mt. Kenya

I only use Strava for Kayaking. I can edit any activity to be kayaking. However, my only choice for a default type is running or cycling. Why is this? Why can I not choose from the same list as the activity list? I do not want to have to go and manually every single edit activity after I've done it. Please implement this feature which should be pretty straightforward from a coding perspective.

I've also noticed that even though I edit the title of the activity on my Xoss app, this is ignored by Strava and defaults to 'Morning Ride/Run'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @toweliechaos 

No, changing the activity name will have no impact on the activity type on Strava.  We would be looking for a data field in the source file to specify the activity type.

We'd be happy to take a closer look at this and check the files that are uploading to your account.  

Please submit a support ticket and someone from Strava Support will get in touch to troubleshoot this with you.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

toweliechaos
Mt. Kenya

Hello Jane,

I sync from the XOSS to Strava. There is no activity function in the XOSS app; you simply give the activity a title and a description (optional).

Are you suggesting if I changed the title or description to 'Kayak' that Strava would then pick this up?

Hi @toweliechaos 

No, changing the activity name will have no impact on the activity type on Strava.  We would be looking for a data field in the source file to specify the activity type.

We'd be happy to take a closer look at this and check the files that are uploading to your account.  

Please submit a support ticket and someone from Strava Support will get in touch to troubleshoot this with you.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @toweliechaos 

Thanks for posting about this.  Am I understanding correctly that your kayaking activities are syncing in from XOSS App?  

We don't actually determine activity type using the default setting on your Strava account.  Instead, we look at the file that is synced in, and check for a field in that file that contains the activity type.  If we find it, and we support that activity type on Strava, then we'll set your activity to that type.  Do your activities correctly show as "Kayak" in XOSS?

Jane (she/her)