cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data gone from "Side by side comparison". Why?

JBW-Florida
Pico de Orizaba

It seems a recent change for user profiles (web version) was made in which data under "side by side comparison" is hidden when the user being viewed hasn't uploaded an activity for a few months. (I'm not sure what the exact timeframe is.)

It's this way even for people I'm following. I wonder if someone could enlighten us as to why this was done, or if it was inadvertent, can it be corrected? (Or is it in their settings and I just don't know what I'm talking about?)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello!

Thanks to everyone who has commented on this topic, and sincere apologies this is still an issue for a small number of you.  For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, I'm going to ask you to please submit a support ticket to our Support Team.

Thanks so much and again, apologies for this issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

nt
Mt. Kenya

This hasnt worked for me in months? I see posts about it not working in January, Is this still not fixed?

Hi @nt 

Sorry - this is still an ongoing issue for a small number of people.  

Jane (she/her)

Thank you for checking on this. Is there any time frame of when will this be fixed?

Jane
Moderator Moderator

@Petew @motminh @JohnJoe 

Thanks for bringing this up and sorry it's still an issue.  I'm working on getting an update on this issue and I'll get back to you just as soon as I can.  I may be asking you to submit support tickets but please sit tight for now and I'll be back in touch.  So sorry for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Jane (she/her)

While sitting tight, I discovered one more piece of information that I'd like to share and maybe it'll shed some light -- or not.

I discovered the time frame which a user must be "inactive" for the side by side comparison data to be omitted from his/her profile. It's exactly three months. I know a lady who uploaded last on December 15th. This Tuesday, (March 14th) I was able to view her side by side stats. Today the 16th, that data has gone missing.

Let me know if you need me to write this up as a trouble ticket.

Hello @JBW-Florida 

Thanks for mentioning this.  I have added it to the trouble ticket we already have open.  

Jane (she/her)

Interesting.  For me, I just lost random side by side comparison info from people I follow who run pretty much everyday, so the 3 month rule is not applicable in my case.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @JBW-Florida and @motminh ,

Thanks for bringing this up.  We currently have a technical issue that is causing the bug with the side by side profile stats.  Our Engineering Team is investigating and we hope to have a resolution before too long.  Thank you for your patience.

Jane (she/her)

Hi Jane. 

Is this problem still going on?  I cannot see the Side By Side Comparison statistics for two people I follow on the web site. I can see all their runs. 

If I look at their statistics in the App, I can see them there. 

It would be nice to see it on the website however since more statistics are shown there than on the App.

I’ve had this issue now with a few of my followers for a few months.  Still unresolved.