cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable "New Post" Notification

Matthieu-W
Mt. Kenya

Hi everyone, recently I started receiving notifications for any post that might appear on any of the clubs I'm member of. This is super annoying as I now get many redundant notifications daily. I don't remember having this in the past, it feels like it started a few weeks ago.

Is there any way to disable these kind of notifications?

MatthieuW_0-1683879169696.png

38 REPLIES 38

knoxy
Mt. Kenya

Thought this had stopped, but I started receiving them again recently. I had to leave the club.

DEEPAK_NAIR
Mt. Kenya

Is their any setting to stop , fed up with notification

Mhixchel
Shkhara

@Matthieu-W  thanks for making this post! I also joined the community hub just to like your comment.

@Sunny415 I know I've joined clubs so that I get visibility on their challenges, but that's it. So unfollowing the clubs sucks cause I then have to manually find the challenges available.

Hi @Mhixchel, that's a great convo to have in a post with your club, to discuss the purpose and use cases for the club! Club admins have control over whether all members or only admins can post. If a club community prefers to only engage via their weekly challenges, then they could theoretically disable posting for members and that would also reduce the volume of notifications from that club. 

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team

I think that's an unreasonable request for clubs like Rouvy, Nike and other big companies that have Strava clubs. This only started recently, so it's confusing to me how it's not possible to fix. 

Hello,

I receive hundreds of in-app notifications a day for publications from clubs I'm in ("New publications"). I don't see any settings to deactivate them, why is that? Is the only solution to leave the groups?

Thank you,

Simon

Jan831
Mt. Kenya

I'm completely ignoring all the "club stuff" for now, as long as Strava does not implement the feature to hide these pull notifications.  It's annoying me more than what these clubs features would bring to me.

Bigcolbee
Mt. Kenya

@Sunny415 

Thanks for the response, please take back to the team that I pay an annual subscription for Strava, I do not want to know what is happening outside my followers/following groups. Maybe forcing this on people should be reserved for those who do not pay a subscription!

If I want to see what is happening in a group I am part of, I will go to that group - I choose not to do this on a regular basis, because if I want social media, I go to Facebook, which is far better at that sort of thing. (Despite myriad issues). 

Strava can easily give opt outs for push notifications etc, it can’t be too difficult to add the pull notifications in there. 

thank you

100% this. I just registered in this community just to like your post. I’m unsubscribing to all clubs because I do not want to see all of these notifications and have already disabled notifications from them to no avail

I appreciate that perspective, thanks for the tag! And please know that we have been raising this sentiment with the appropriate teams. Building controls for pull notifications is a much more intensive effort, as it would be a new function, though it's something under consideration. We're also looking at other options to alleviate this experience. In the meantime, folks should keep adding kudos to the original post here and comment too. It helps our teams judge what to prioritize next.

Sunny
STRAVA | Support Team