cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about changing Sport Type

andreewp
Mt. Kenya

Is it bug or feature that I cannot select for example Trail run when uploading activity but can when editing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @andreewp 

Thanks for your reply.  It sounds like you're recording with a third party device, like a Garmin or Wahoo, is that correct?

If so, if the device you're recording with doesn't allow you to select "trail run" as an activity type when you record, you'll need to edit the activity after it syncs to your Strava account, and change it to the correct type.  This can be done on Web or on Mobile.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @andreewp 

Thanks for your reply.  It sounds like you're recording with a third party device, like a Garmin or Wahoo, is that correct?

If so, if the device you're recording with doesn't allow you to select "trail run" as an activity type when you record, you'll need to edit the activity after it syncs to your Strava account, and change it to the correct type.  This can be done on Web or on Mobile.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @andreewp 

Thanks for your post!

We recommend selecting "trail run" from the Record screen on the Strava Mobile App prior to beginning the recording.  See attached screenshot:

sport_types.png

I hope that's helpful.

Jane (she/her)

Hi, my question is related to upload from web version. Have a nice day.