cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

What is 10 miles converted to kilometers in Strava?

awesomedwight
Mt. Kenya

Hi! I am joining my first 16-kilometer race this weekend, and would just like to know: what is 10 miles converted to kilometers exactly in Strava? A quick Google calculation says it's 16.0934 km, but there's also a Strava route page that associates 10 miles with 16.2 kilometers. Just want to make sure that my race this weekend will be logged under 10-mile personal best. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @awesomedwight,

Thanks for writing this question. To be on the safe side I suggest the 16.2 KM metric for your 10 mile run. Because you're using Strava to track your performance, it may be better to use Strava's metric to achieve your goal.

Also, I recommend tad running a bit further than the 16.2 KM to be sure your performance is included.
For more information on your Best Effort, take a look at our support article here.

Hope you crush your goal!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @awesomedwight,

Thanks for writing this question. To be on the safe side I suggest the 16.2 KM metric for your 10 mile run. Because you're using Strava to track your performance, it may be better to use Strava's metric to achieve your goal.

Also, I recommend tad running a bit further than the 16.2 KM to be sure your performance is included.
For more information on your Best Effort, take a look at our support article here.

Hope you crush your goal!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team