cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekend Update

Jane
Moderator Moderator

The weekend is nearly here. I've been pretty active this week, so I'm hoping to take it easy with a leisurely bike ride.  What are your plans?  Some hard training?  Rest and recovery?  Something in between? Let us know what the weekend has in store for you!

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

6 REPLIES 6

Leaphart3
Shkhara

A little late to the party...but planning to be pretty lazy this weekend after a week of travel and some decent strength training sessions. We'll get the paddleboards out tomorrow and goof around on Mountain Island Lake here in Charlotte, NC. Have a good one!

LouB
Strava Alumni

A bit late to the conversation as the weekend has now passed but hope it's ok to add my weekend reflection instead. Enjoyed some hiking and cycling in the Boulder and Fort Collins area over the weekend. I was super impressed by the cycle network in Fort Collins - makes it so easy to be a cyclist and get around. I need to find more locations with dedicated cycle networks so would love some recommendations. 

Eve
(She/her)

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

We were amazed at the trails in Fort Collins when we visited - great running/biking there (and lots of brewery options for post-ride/run "rehydration").

Are you looking for cycle networks for "commuting" or for "strictly biking"?  (not that I know much of either in that area - but some great networks in the SF/SJ bay area).  I've tried to leverage Strava for routes (in my local area), but many of the results turn out to be "non bike friendly".

Yes the brewery options were quite incredible. I wonder what the record is for cycle network miles covered > breweries visited is in one activity?

Looking for fun biking networks anywhere basically. Always a good reason to go and visit a new city or place. 

Eve
(She/her)

Visit our Help Center to search our support articles

Soren
Denali

Sounds super eventful, I hope you get some good rest tonight and have fun racing! I'll be on two wheels -- hitting the dirt trails on my mountain bike on Saturday and joining a big group ride on the road bike on Sunday 🚲

CreakyCrank
Kilimanjaro

Big weekend planned - after weeks of training, the "Pittsburgh Summer Rowing League Championships" are here - racing on the Allegheny river in "Experienced 8+" on Saturday morning, then have a Football (Soccer) match on Saturday afternoon in the Pittsburgh Tech League.  Sunday will be all about recovery and rest (by which, I mean a bike ride). 

What are others doing? 

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings