cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activities not syncing

Deano
Mt. Kenya

My Apple Watch has stopped syncing workouts. It was fine then only synced a piece of a workout (no map only distance data) and since then nothing. When I save it, it says uploaded, but it doesn’t appear in my workouts. I have tried everything and many emails from help, but they just keep getting closed and nothing gets done. It is really frustrating and I didn’t change any settings it just doesn’t work anymore. Anyone else having similar issues, or suggestions. I also uploaded some pictures recently, but they aren’t in my workout, but appeared in my mates. Surely there is a data issue here. Like I say Strava help and Twitter haven’t responded, maybe Strava community will know what to do. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who posted about this and so sorry to hear about activities not syncing.  

Can you please try the following:

Force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device.  

Press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

Please let me know if that resolve the syncing issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Hi. I finally resolved by uninstalling and reinstalling the app in my watch. It was a pain as I lost some runs but at least it’s working now. Good luck with the marathon training. 

Hi. I’ve had exactly the same problem after I updated my password. I’ve tried going back to the old password. And tried the shutdown and restart but it’s not synching new workouts. Did you find a solution? 

I'm having the exact same issues, rsr_brian.  Issues started for me after I logged into my account from a desktop.  The force quits haven't solved my issues, and my recent activities continue to be unsynced from my Apple Watch.  This issues has now happened multiple times over the past several days.  

The only thing that worked for me was to uninstall the app on my watch and reinstall. 

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who posted about this and so sorry to hear about activities not syncing.  

Can you please try the following:

Force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device.  

Press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

Please let me know if that resolve the syncing issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

This is not working for me. Can you please email Jared dot Magid g mail?

This definitely didn’t work for me! Multiple times

This clearly isn’t working for a lot of people. There is an issue here re synching after password changes. Your team should look into this. 

I can’t synch after updating password. Ive tried force restarts on my phone and watch but without success. I’ve tried manual synch but it just says make sure your watch is connected to a network. Which it is. Any suggestions? 

This did not work for me. Other reply in this same thread with more info...