cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Activities not syncing

Deano
Mt. Kenya

My Apple Watch has stopped syncing workouts. It was fine then only synced a piece of a workout (no map only distance data) and since then nothing. When I save it, it says uploaded, but it doesn’t appear in my workouts. I have tried everything and many emails from help, but they just keep getting closed and nothing gets done. It is really frustrating and I didn’t change any settings it just doesn’t work anymore. Anyone else having similar issues, or suggestions. I also uploaded some pictures recently, but they aren’t in my workout, but appeared in my mates. Surely there is a data issue here. Like I say Strava help and Twitter haven’t responded, maybe Strava community will know what to do. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who posted about this and so sorry to hear about activities not syncing.  

Can you please try the following:

Force quit both the Strava watch app and the app on your mobile device.  

Press and hold the side button until the shutdown screen appears, and then press and hold the digital crown until the app closes. You must be in the app to force it to close.

Please let me know if that resolve the syncing issue.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

Why haven’t they fixed this yet

This clearly isn’t working for a lot of people. There is an issue here re synching after password changes. Your team should look into this. 

I can’t synch after updating password. Ive tried force restarts on my phone and watch but without success. I’ve tried manual synch but it just says make sure your watch is connected to a network. Which it is. Any suggestions? 

This did not work for me. Other reply in this same thread with more info...

None of the restarting stuff fixed my syncing issues. 

Eventually I discovered that in the phone app under you > settings(gear icon)> Applications, Services, and Devices, that my Apple Watch was missing. Once I added it back, syncing started working again. Not sure how it was removed, but there you go.

This method doesn’t seem to work for me.  However after restarting the app o. My phone and watch several times, and power cycling both devices several times, it eventually syncs.  The problem is, it’s doing this for every activity.  It worked fine up until about 2 weeks ago.  Could it be the iOS update causing problems?

That worked !!!  Thanks so much

OldCyclist
Mt. Kenya

I have the same problem on Thursday August 3rd. Apple Watch on my wrist while riding. I saved it, then after turning on my phone after the ride, nothing. Get him check my Strava on my iMac, nothing. I have logged out of all devices and back in, same result.

almuallem
Mt. Kenya

Facing the exact same issue and it started about two days ago. Frustrated with it.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings