cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App doesn’t work on Apple Watch

FabioPiludu
Mt. Kenya

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, I'm 27 years old, and after years of inconsistent training I've started training seriously again.

I am also new to the Strava universe, and I am here to ask for your help regarding the Apple Watch app.

I installed the app on both iPhone and Watch, but when I launch the app from the latter, the message "From your phone, sign in or sign up
using the Strava app." but nothing appears in the iPhone and the screen remains frozen.

I followed the installation procedure I found on the forum, activating all permissions and syncing the Watch from the iPhone, however, it seems that it is not recognized.
I thank you in advance for you help! 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @FabioPiludu and @bmf5285 

Thanks for posting and I'm really sorry to hear you're having this issue using the Apple Watch App. Let's have you try a reinstall of the App on your watch and see if that gets things working:

Please follow these steps:

1. Log out of the Strava mobile app on your iPhone.
  2. Use the Watch app located on your iPhone to force an uninstall of the Strava Watch app. Note that it may take some time for the app to be fully uninstalled from the Watch face.
  3. Confirm the app has been uninstalled from the Watch.
  4. Uninstall the Strava app from your iPhone. *Please make sure not to delete your Health data as we now only sync the last 30 days to the Health app
  5. Force close all apps on the iPhone.
  6. Restart the Watch and iPhone.
  7. Download and install the Strava app on the iPhone.
  8. Confirm you are logged into the Strava app.
  9. Confirm the Strava app has been installed on the Apple Watch.
  10. Unlock the display on the iPhone and load the Strava Apple Watch app.
  11. Watch for and approve prompts on both devices.

Please let me know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

FabioPiludu
Mt. Kenya

Hello @Jane!

I followed your procedure and now it works! 

Thanks you very much, have a good day!

Hi again @FabioPiludu 

Glad to hear that and thanks for letting us know it's working for you now.

Also - huge welcome to Strava! We have an Apple Watch FAQ that I would encourage you to check out. Also, feel free to browser our Knowledge Base which has a ton of information to help you get going with Strava.

Jane (she/her)

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @FabioPiludu and @bmf5285 

Thanks for posting and I'm really sorry to hear you're having this issue using the Apple Watch App. Let's have you try a reinstall of the App on your watch and see if that gets things working:

Please follow these steps:

1. Log out of the Strava mobile app on your iPhone.
  2. Use the Watch app located on your iPhone to force an uninstall of the Strava Watch app. Note that it may take some time for the app to be fully uninstalled from the Watch face.
  3. Confirm the app has been uninstalled from the Watch.
  4. Uninstall the Strava app from your iPhone. *Please make sure not to delete your Health data as we now only sync the last 30 days to the Health app
  5. Force close all apps on the iPhone.
  6. Restart the Watch and iPhone.
  7. Download and install the Strava app on the iPhone.
  8. Confirm you are logged into the Strava app.
  9. Confirm the Strava app has been installed on the Apple Watch.
  10. Unlock the display on the iPhone and load the Strava Apple Watch app.
  11. Watch for and approve prompts on both devices.

Please let me know if that helps.

Jane (she/her)

bmf5285
Mt. Kenya

I’m having the same issues right now as well! I’ve just used my watch to record a long walk, and the activity wasn’t syncing so I restarted my watch and now the app is acting like it doesn’t recognize the Strava app on my phone. But my phone still has my watch saved on my profile. I’m not sure where the disconnect is, or why it’s happening.