cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Virtual Activity Type

qdusenberry
Mt. Kenya

I noticed today that my Zwift indoor ride on a standard bike was marked as "e-MTB ride". I tried to change the activity type to a regular ride which I did and saved it, but after checking to see if it kept that change, I found it didn't. I did buy an e-MTB bike a few months ago, but I went and looked at my Zwift activities and I now find that *all* of my Zwift rides are e-MTB rides, even ones that were entered before I even owned an e-MTB. I found that Strava says you can't change a virtual ride type after it has been recorded, but I can't even figure out how it defaulted to an e-MTB in the first place. I looked at my profiles in both Zwift and Strava and can't find this setting to fix it going forward.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @qdusenberry and @StravaJS 

Thanks for mentioning this.  

Can I ask each of you to please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to take a look at your account and see what might be causing this.  Sorry for the trouble.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

qdusenberry
Mt. Kenya

I submitted a support ticket (at least I thought I did) on Dec 24th, but have not received any response from Strava. The process for "submitting a support ticket" is difficult. My problem didn't seem to fit into any of the preset categories, but you are forced to pick from one of them, which prompts further questions. The category I ended up picking wanted hardware type (trainer?, computer?, bike?), operating system?, application version? These questions aren't relevant to my problem.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi @qdusenberry and @StravaJS 

Thanks for mentioning this.  

Can I ask each of you to please submit a support ticket and we’ll be happy to take a look at your account and see what might be causing this.  Sorry for the trouble.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

StravaJS
Mt. Kenya

I have this behavior as well. It seems to be fairly random - yesterday my ride was labelled as snowshoe! I changed it to ride so I could set the bike, but when I look back it returns to snowshoe.