cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

End of activity cut-off when syncing

SHawkins83
Shkhara

Hi,

I hope I've put this in the right place.

I've been using Strava for several years, but earlier this year got the Pixel Watch to make my tracking more accurate, to give heart rate etc.  I use the Strava App on the watch and use it for both running and cycling.

Usually, it works well, but on fairly regular occaisions (maybe once a week), I notice that after the activity has uploaded to Strava, the last half mile or so is cut off.  The run is still tracking when I get home, so its not a case of me accidentally hitting 'end' or anything like that.

Geographically, it always seems to cut off in the same sort of area - so I'm wondering if there's something interfering with the signal - but that doesn't really make sense to me as it doesn't happen every time, and normally the tracker wouldn't cut off the activity, it would just keep going until it found a new signal.

I don't know if this is a Strava issue, or a Google Pixel issue, but it's becoming frustrating and I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello, and thanks for sharing this. Sorry to hear you're occasionally experiencing issues with your activities being cut off near the end when recording with your Pixel Watch. We've escalated this post to our Support team so we can look into it further.

View solution in original post

61 REPLIES 61

hmach
Mt. Kenya

I have a similar issue when syncing my Polar pacer pro to Strava. In mode 'race' time/distance is correct, but autherwise (when automatic pause on/off) strava interprets more pause times and hence time is shorter hence speed faster. I tried manual export/import with .fit file but that gives the same result. This problem started appearing somewhere last year, before I did not have this issue.

cordresmith
Shkhara

I believe it is not a Sigma problem - there were changes on the Strava side and some other devices also have te same problem

I believe in that too, but Sigma should have interesting in solve it

cordresmith
Shkhara

I believe it is a Strava error as some other devices have the same problem.  Garmin works fine with Stravam but I am not buying a Garmin - on the Munga many Garmins gave navigation problems but Sigma worked fine.

The work araond is to download your ride from Sigma Data Cebtre to a TCX file and uplaod that into Strava.  Then the breaks are not affected.

I have a paid Strava subscription but will not pay again

Yes, I'm doing it, but is boring. I also will not pay strava and I was planning to buy a new Sigma, but I give up this too because Sigma seems not interesting in solve this problem too. 

cutchins
Mt. Kenya

Same problem with Pixel Watch. Ran ~3 miles tonight and only recorded ~2.5 miles. It just cut off the end.

godspeed
Mt. Kenya

Have the same issue with sigma rox11.1evo ! This happens when manually pause the activity . From 53km it shows 49 . At sigma center all fine but when i upload at strava it cuts me 4-5 kms . I reset my device and i will not use manual pause. Lets see what happens on next 😄 
ALso i erase by mistake the activity, but thx Strava support it recovers it ! 

Strava cuts time and distance as much as the time spent in breaks (pauses). More pause useing, more cutting time and respectively distance. Unfortunately. No pause, no cuts. There is no difference you used manual pause or automatic. Both pausing promote cuting. Sigma advice to tur on/of automatic, but this workaround doesn't work. Sigma also advice not to use pause option.... 😆🤷‍♂️. Very useful! It looks - If you have flat tyre or pee pause, you should end activity and then start new... 😂.
I think it doesn't matter to restart device. This problem is wide spread. I would like to say that every Sigma device has this problem with Strava syncing.
MY PROPOSAL FOR EVERYONE HERE - let's write to Sigma and Strava as much as it is possible with complains, questions about workarounds, problem solving etc. everything to let them work and take responsibility. Answer on questions/mails also is work and it would be inconvenience for them both. They must answer on clients questions. Thats will encourage them to do something. Altogether we will make a big work!

I call back my temporary solution:

With SIGMA DATA CENTER on your PC, you can export your activitie at .TCX format and upload it manually on STRAVA.