cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

End of activity cut-off when syncing

SHawkins83
Shkhara

Hi,

I hope I've put this in the right place.

I've been using Strava for several years, but earlier this year got the Pixel Watch to make my tracking more accurate, to give heart rate etc.  I use the Strava App on the watch and use it for both running and cycling.

Usually, it works well, but on fairly regular occaisions (maybe once a week), I notice that after the activity has uploaded to Strava, the last half mile or so is cut off.  The run is still tracking when I get home, so its not a case of me accidentally hitting 'end' or anything like that.

Geographically, it always seems to cut off in the same sort of area - so I'm wondering if there's something interfering with the signal - but that doesn't really make sense to me as it doesn't happen every time, and normally the tracker wouldn't cut off the activity, it would just keep going until it found a new signal.

I don't know if this is a Strava issue, or a Google Pixel issue, but it's becoming frustrating and I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Soren
Denali

Hello, and thanks for sharing this. Sorry to hear you're occasionally experiencing issues with your activities being cut off near the end when recording with your Pixel Watch. We've escalated this post to our Support team so we can look into it further.

View solution in original post

67 REPLIES 67

Problem is in Strava they told me that they made some upgrades but now someone at Sigma must do their job to solve this and they are ao slow about that... Disapointed

Yes, there is many time the problem is occurring. Sigma reply me fast but as I say, no solution or soon perspectives… I ask they if the Rox 11.1 Evo is presenting the same problem, but still no reply. By any way, I don’t think fair we have to buy a new device just by this!

I was thinking to buy 11.1 because of this problem and also my batery is weak but one of my friends on Strava told me there is same problem with 11.1 so Sigma is no option for now... They are very slow about this problem and they dont care much as I see

Oh! Thanks by the information about 11.1. It’s good o to know this!

Sigma 12 is ok maybe they want us to buy and pay them 450 euros

It’s true, but for me this is far away. I’m from Brazil and it will cost at least 800 euros here

AlenBat
Pico de Orizaba

Me too 😞

Jaredlyoung
Mt. Kenya

I had hoped that the issue was resolved after restarting my pixel watch, I completed several runs that were mostly accurate. Interestingly, they were still a second or two short than what my watch recorded.

However tonight I went for a run and the synced activity on my phone cuts off the last two minutes of my activity. I'm sharing a couple screenshots from both my watch and phone of the same activity. My watch recorded 6.1 miles with a time of 49:40 and my phone shows 5.84 miles with a time of 47:40. 

screenshot-2023-11-08-19-02-12.pngScreenshot_20231108-220219.png

Soren
Denali

Hello, and thanks for sharing this. Sorry to hear you're occasionally experiencing issues with your activities being cut off near the end when recording with your Pixel Watch. We've escalated this post to our Support team so we can look into it further.

Hi, has this issue been looked into at all? I've been using Strava for a couple weeks now with a Google pixel watch and I've found the issue to persist for about half of my activities. 

I don't know if getting in range if my homes WiFi signal triggers something on the watch but the Strava app continues to track until I tap pause and finish, then my phone shows the checkered flag about a quarter mile before where I was when I tapped finish. 

I understand this sounds like the privacy zone but it is definitely not that. Happy to provide more information if needed.

Thanks