cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob without a clue re: pairing

pooky2483
Mt. Kenya

I have just got myself a Garmin Forerunner 55 and want to know if I need to do anything to the watch for it to send my info to the Strava app.
I've already paired my watch to the Garmin app and the Garmin app to the Strava app and allowed them to communicate with each other.
When I go out on my mountain bike, will the garmin watch pass the information to the Strava app without me having to do anything? If not, what do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

optimisticprom
Pico de Orizaba

Hey pooky noob, welcome to the Garmin family!

As long as your connection between Strava and Garmin was successful (which it really should have been), nothing more is required for you to see your activities on Strava after you record them on your Forerunner. Most of the time, you should see your activity in Garmin about a minute after you press save on your device, but it may take longer depending on connection speeds between your device and your phone, and your phone and the internet.

Have fun out there!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

optimisticprom
Pico de Orizaba

Hey pooky noob, welcome to the Garmin family!

As long as your connection between Strava and Garmin was successful (which it really should have been), nothing more is required for you to see your activities on Strava after you record them on your Forerunner. Most of the time, you should see your activity in Garmin about a minute after you press save on your device, but it may take longer depending on connection speeds between your device and your phone, and your phone and the internet.

Have fun out there!

Yep, it worked, it ported over to Strava no problem.