cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava GPS cutting corners

Craig1982
Mt. Kenya

Hi over the past couple of months on my runs and walks my strava GPS keeps cutting corners, this results in my distance and times being off. I have tried reinstalling and at the other stuff is says on the site to do but none of it works. Does anyone have a solution for this please 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jan_Mantau
Denali

That depends completely on your phone. Maybe you have some settings for getting a more precise location or you can disable battery saving features for Strava. If you tried these already unfortunately you can't do anything other than getting a phone with a better GPS reception or another type of recording device. Maybe you can somehow place your phone better during your activities but that would be most likely inconvenient.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Jan_Mantau
Denali

That depends completely on your phone. Maybe you have some settings for getting a more precise location or you can disable battery saving features for Strava. If you tried these already unfortunately you can't do anything other than getting a phone with a better GPS reception or another type of recording device. Maybe you can somehow place your phone better during your activities but that would be most likely inconvenient.

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings