Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

strava not syncing to google fit

dk82
Mt. Kenya

read all the previous posts.

what works?
- only after opening an activity on my mobile and editing it will it sync to google fit

what does NOT work?
- recording a new activity on strava using my mobile does NOT sync to google fit
- manually adding an activity to strava using my mobile does NOT sync to google fit
- updating an activity on strava web does NOT sync to google fit

as a software engineer i can conclude:
- strava / google fit integration happens purely on mobile devices
- the 'trigger' to sync activities to google fit only happens on 'change activity'
- the 'trigger' to sync activities to google fit does NOT happen on 'new activity'

really shoddy integration
i think you can do better 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @dk82 

Thanks for posting about this and for your candid feedback.  I'm passing it along to the Team that looks after this integration.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jminly95
Mt. Kenya

Noticed the same issue. And even if I edit the activity in Strava, it doesn't show up on the Google Fit's journal tab.

vivi
Mt. Kenya

Have an exact same issue.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @dk82 

Thanks for posting about this and for your candid feedback.  I'm passing it along to the Team that looks after this integration.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Screenshot_20240205_204347_Strava~2.jpg

Hi I would like to also add to this, what @dk82 said above is the exact same scenario and method I am encountering to sync to Google fit from Strava. Also once edited the activity in Strava and it's finally synced to Google fit, the date stamp shows the previous day, so today's workout would show as yesterdays date which is weird.

Please fix this as it's very annoying I have to edit the activity every day just to make it sync to Google fit.

Screenshot included for the date stamp  issue.