cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Activity When I Go To Record

iiszach
Mt. Kenya

Greetings! It is not easy to find where to post or where to get help. Hopefully someone has some guidance. I use Strava for cycling probably 95% of the time but one time I went hiking about 3 months ago and decided to record it. 

Now whenever I open the app to record it starts with hiking and no matter how many times I switch it to biking it never stays there on subsequent rides. Any ideas? Fixes? 

Thanks! Also a direct contact to Strava would be nice too. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bryant
Moderator Moderator

Hey @iiszach,
Sorry that you're having trouble with your Default Activities.
Have you tried adjusting the setting within your Profile Settings?
If not, head to your Profile Settings and select Display Preferences. Once there you will see the option Default Sport.
From Default Sport you will be able to select Cycling or Running.

I hope this helps!

KBryant24
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

The only thing that worked for me was deleting the app and reinstalling it. Immediately, it defaulted to Run, as I had set it to. Worked a treat.

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

If i wear my Apple Watch I can select any sport. If I forget my watch and have only my phone, I open the app and “Ride” shows and I have no way to change it. I have to edit later. 

Hi,

why can't I set my default sport to my sport - walking?

I am having this problem too and do not have any option for Default Sport in Display Preferences, or any other menu. Please advise. Small but very annoying problem.

Very annoying. But your fix does not work for me. It was the first thing I tried. 

only one solution, delete the app and reinstalling it. Problem will be solved. Read my thread with Grasshoppper

I have the same problem, in app when I want to record it is always on Hiking. I change my settings on the website and in the App to Cycling but it keeps on Hiking default. 85% of the time I am cycling or playing soccer. I don't like to hike 😞

Please help!!

The only thing that worked for me was deleting the app and reinstalling it. Immediately, it defaulted to Run, as I had set it to. Worked a treat.

Thanks! You are my hero for today! i won't loose any data? Except my FTP and weight. also i have to reconnect all my devices again. Thinking out loud at the moment..

You won't lose any data. It's stored in the cloud anyway. Not sure about FTP or weight - part of your profile, surely?
It was such a simple thing that annoyed the bejeebers out of me, so I'm glad to finally have it fixed. Hope it works for you too! 🙂

Yes, same here! Such a simple thing but so annoying. Many thanks, I will smile to every grasshopper I see today!