cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

The Hub is now in read-only mode as we make improvements to the Hub experience. More information is available here.

Gaps in Heatmap

fulmar2
Pico de Orizaba

I'm curious to know if this is a known issue, or if there is a resolution to an issue I have observed.  In the heat map, I often see large "gaps" in sections that have been ridden.  It would be useful if the sections were contiguous.  In fact, for some longer tours (such as a cross country tour), the heat map line almost entirely disappears when I zoom out.  I have uploaded two examples of this occurring:

See the Orange lines do not connect?  As you zoom out, they even disappear entirely from the map.See the Orange lines do not connect? As you zoom out, they even disappear entirely from the map.This is what I mean by "gaps" in the heat map aka segmented heatmap.This is what I mean by "gaps" in the heat map aka segmented heatmap.

13 REPLIES 13

I don't understand how this is solved. I am having the exact same problem with my heatmaps.

fulmar2
Pico de Orizaba

This is not resolved, Qon... Some of my rides (like the one across the USA) is practically invisible there are so many gaps! By the way, I can confirm that it is a "speed thing."  For my mountain bike rides or tours, there are lots of gaps.  For fast paced rides, the lines are solid.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hi fulmar2,

Thanks for posting about this.  Can you clarify if that first screenshot is zoomed in as much as possible?  I'm curious if those gaps disappear when you're completely zoomed in.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

fulmar2
Pico de Orizaba

Jane - Thanks for the reply.  In the first screen shot, yes, it is zoomed in as much as possible. In many instances, the gaps do not disappear (though on some tracks, they DO disappear).  I cannot discern any difference between tracks where the gaps disappear / don't disappear; I've considered age of track, point density (i.e. older tracks w/fewer timestamps, etc)...

Ready, Get Set, Go!

Welcome to the Community - here is your guide to help you get started!

Know how to use Community

Understand Community Settings