cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

How to remove/mute "motivational" messages from Strava

pssaenz
Shkhara

Since a few weeks ago Strava is at it again with pushing "features" down your throat. Now among the notifications for an activity I have to read Strava's stupid "motivational" messages (you're doing great, keep at it, da da da). Anyone can help me get rid of those?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has commented and provided feedback.  The testing phase is completed and these notifications are now in production. 

While this cannot be completely disabled, you do have the ability to disable the push notification. Push notifications are "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background.

This can be turned off by going to:

You Tab
Settings (top right)
Push Notifications
Un-toggling Device Activity Synced

The push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website. 

Again, we appreciate the feedback and it has been passed along to the Team.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

89 REPLIES 89

This is not a solution. Can you please allow this to be disabled for individuals. 

An App that infantilizes its users b sending inane messages is two clicks away from being deleted. Don’t be that App, Strava.

Former Member
Not applicable

Still get the crap with everything shut off!! If I keep getting them in april I will say goodbye to strava!!!! 

not funny!!

These are the dumbest notifications I have ever seen! Anyone needed an app to pat them on the back for riding a bike, needs more help than an app is going to provide. I just started back riding again and I want this crap turned off! Strava, if you don’t provide a way to do so, I’ll cancel my subscription and stick with Ride with GPS. Geese no wonder this world is such a puss!

Former Member
Not applicable

Spent three days playing with notification setting trying to turn these off. Seriously, does anyone actually want these?  I want to be notified when there is something that needs my attention, kudos from a bot for an activity I’m clearly already aware of is not something that needs my attention.  

Rixter
Pico de Orizaba

Jane this is still a major issue. When will Strava turn it off or allow us to disable it. So annoying

This is not a solution. PLEASE give subscribers the option to change notification style. It wouldn’t be hard. I don’t have push notifications set up but this is still so annoying. Which in-app notification goes to which activity? It doesn’t say which makes it hard to navigate to the activity I actually want to review (for example, a short dog walk vs my 50 mile bike ride. One of which deserves "diving into those stats" and one of which absolutely doesn't) Seriously an update that pisses off your subscribers makes zero sense. 

As an internally motivated adult paying money to use Strava as a tool, the patronising/motivational communication style is extremely aggravating. At the very least there should be the option to switch to concise matter-of-fact updates.

… or the developers type Ctrl-Z; problem solved, everybody happy

Enough with the condescending bot motivation push notifications, irritating, like congratulating an infant for farting