cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
This post has been escalated to our Support team for one of the following reasons: it requires sharing personal information, the intervention of an admin, or multiple exchanges. We may also escalate to our Support team if a topic is highly complex or technical.

How to remove/mute "motivational" messages from Strava

pssaenz
Shkhara

Since a few weeks ago Strava is at it again with pushing "features" down your throat. Now among the notifications for an activity I have to read Strava's stupid "motivational" messages (you're doing great, keep at it, da da da). Anyone can help me get rid of those?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello,

Thanks to everyone who has commented and provided feedback.  The testing phase is completed and these notifications are now in production. 

While this cannot be completely disabled, you do have the ability to disable the push notification. Push notifications are "pushed" to your mobile device when the Strava app is either closed or running in the background.

This can be turned off by going to:

You Tab
Settings (top right)
Push Notifications
Un-toggling Device Activity Synced

The push notification settings do not affect the in-app notifications you receive in the mobile app or on the Strava website. 

Again, we appreciate the feedback and it has been passed along to the Team.

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

111 REPLIES 111

And I've just been given a badge for awarding 2 kudos. OMG!  Please save us from this 😞

Well done! 👍

joadskjelbred
Shkhara

Is there a reason we are all from mountains? I don't mind, really, amongst all the other issues of the world, but it does not inspire confidence that you folks have any idea at all what you are doing...

Curlz58
Mt. Kenya

What a childish motivational kudo; like every person getting a prize for showing up. I am happy to get kudos from people I know, but I don’t want any kudos from some AI bot.

donut_pants
Mt. Kenya

If I could multiple "kudos" this I would.  What on earth do you think anyone gets out of this Strava?  Irritating beyond belief, nay patronising!

Jan_Mantau
Superuser
Superuser

Weird how they have developer resources for features nobody ever asked for and obviously many find annoying (including me) but the loads of bugs aren't tackled.

Anete
Mt. Kenya

Please, stop the annoying messages from Strava (or make it as an option)! For the last couple of months I've closed my activities to the public, so that only I can see them. And it's so annoying to receive a "good job" message for everything I upload. First, I've closed my account, so I don't need interaction from other people or outside, obviously 😄 Second, Strava's messages are so generic, something like that would never motivate me 😄 

SakiBomb25
Mt. Kenya

How do I disable the "Wow! Nice Job" or "Way to Go!" notifications? I don't need a notification after every activity I do.

Ian_Walker
Shkhara

ate the motivation messages; they're like being in school

Scout
Moderator Moderator

Hey @pssaenz

Thanks for the feedback regarding this new feature. This feature is still in its testing phase, and we will be passing your comments along to our product team. We appreciate all feedback and suggestions; if anyone has any additional feedback, please post it below so that it can be reviewed by our team.

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team