cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't comment on activities

Herro2689
Mt. Kenya

Every time I try and comment on other peoples activities I get the message 'Strava has encountered an error. Please contact support' 

This started happening yesterday evening. I'm recieving comments so I know it isn't a Strava wide issue. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Scout
Moderator Moderator

👋 Hello All,
Thank you for your posts and sorry for any trouble. It appears you may have hit our limit for the maximum number of comments you can add per day. Please wait 24 hours and try again.

We thank you for your patience while our team evaluates and make adjustments to our rate limits. Our product development team is reviewing all your posts and we thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. 

Cheers,
Scout (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

This limits thing has to go,

Why should I subscribe and face limitations?

May we know what is the maximum limit? I mean it can't be around 10 or 20 especially when one has many friends, not worth it.

rakeshbhat
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Team,

I am a Strava Subscriber and have been using this app since 2018,

Recently I have observed that I cannot congratulate by commenting on my friend's activities.

IMG_20240203_124833.jpgI get a message "The Strava server has encountered an error. Please contact support if the problem exists.

Later found that there is a cap on the maximum no. of comments in a single day, Is it a test thing or will the previous criteria be restored?

Kindly find the attached image for your reference

This is frustrating & annoying, HELP

Thanks 

Facing same problems since morning today ,getting the same message while seeing others can write so many comments ...

Never observed such problems in past ,what to do ?

I've had this as well, seems to have happened since Monday. When I emailed support they told me that I'd exceeded my comments. Never heard of this before and seems ridiculous that an app/system based on supporting each other with kudos would limit the amount of comments. It must be a new thing as I've definitely commented on more posts before with no issues. 

Same story as Andy. I've never had any issues posting comments among my friend's posts until within the last week, when I seem to have hit my limit twice already. I was told that is a limit within a 24-hour period, but Strava support did not respond to my question about what is the limit and when the bounds start and stop for the quota. Considering I pay for this service, this is pretty frustrating as the limit seems to be only about 10 posts, which is not nearly enough when you have over 100 connections.

rakeshbhat
Pico de Orizaba

Hi Team,

Been using this app since 2018,

Recently I have observed that I cannot congratulate by commenting on my friend's activities.

Later found that there is a cap maximum of comments in a single day, Is it a test thing or will the previous criteria be restored?

Kindly Help as this is frustrating & annoying 

Thanks😊

RichardGuySmith
Mt. Kenya

I am also experiencing the same problem today. Please can this be looked into?

YooYoo
Mt. Kenya

Yep, same here !

mpetrie98
Mt. Kenya

I'm having the same problem.  I ran the Double Bridge Run 15k in Pensacola today, and a bunch of my followers on Strava did, too, and I wanted to congratulate them all.  I only was able to congratulate about 10 or so, then Strava simply refused to post my comments.  No error or other messages; the comments simply will not post.