cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry About Strava's Ability to Track Static Activities

creativetechies
Mt. Kenya

Hello Strava Community,

I am writing to inquire about the capabilities of Strava in tracking static activities, particularly those involved in cleaning homes or offices.

As part of my daily routine, I employ cleaning activities, and I'm interested in using Strava to monitor and record the physical efforts involved. However, I am doubtful whether Strava is optimized for tracking static or non-traditional exercises like cleaning.
If any members of the community have experience using Strava to monitor activities such as cleaning, I would greatly appreciate your insights. I am particularly interested in understanding how accurately Strava can capture the energy expended during these static tasks and whether it provides meaningful data related to such activities.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to share your knowledge and experiences.

3 REPLIES 3

mindeasyy
Shkhara

Thank you, Jane.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. As you mentioned, we are using the app on our phones. It provides accurate results for both the calories burned and the stamina of our Cleaning services workers during their continuous work.

Thank you once again for your help.

Jane
Moderator Moderator

Hello @creativetechies 

Thanks for posting about this.  You can definitely use Strava to record cleaning activities.  I'm assuming you are looking to record with the Strava Mobile App, is that correct?

Although we don't have a "cleaning" activity category on Strava, you can record using the "workout" category to record.  See below:

workout.png

Using workout mode will record the total elapsed time of your cleaning activity.  You mention you want to record your physical efforts, so you may want to attach a heart rate sensor to the Strava Mobile App.

Measuring your heart rate will help you better understand your fitness over time.  Strava Subscribers can use our relative effort feature which uses your heart rate data to assign an effort score to each activity.  

I've included links to a couple of articles that may interest you below:

Recording Indoor Activities

Recording All The Things

I hope that's helpful.  We'd be happy to answer any further questions so just let us know.  

Jane (she/her)
STRAVA | Community Hub Team

Thank you, Jane. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question. As you mentioned, we are using the app on our phones. It provides accurate results for both the calories burned and the stamina of our Cleaning services workers during their continuous work. Thank you once again for your help.